Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 5 - July 2022 (Mega Monster Month)

I think that’s what I talked about in the other discussion:

1 Like

I never got around to posting in this month’s poll…

I’ll vote Eegah because it’s the funniest of the group - but he kind of doesn’t fit with the others, so if I were going to go with giant mega creatures, I’d take the Deadly Mantis, then Godzilla vs The Sea Monster… buuuuut since they couldn’t be included (stupid rights issues!) I’ll have to select another.

It looks like I have Gorgo ranked one spot ahead of Gamera vs Zigra, with GO PACKERS - WOO HOO! in third.

So, episode - Eegah
Mega Monster - Gorgo (bonus points for Dorkin)

6 Likes

My unerring ability to make the bottom pick every time shines once more. I really enjoy the Eurotrashiness of Devil Fish. That being said, Gamera vs Zigra is right there with it for me.

4 Likes

Surely you mean the Floridatrashiness of it.

4 Likes

There’s a Trans-Atlantic trashiness to whole affair, honestly. It brings together people of many accents, all of whom cannot act.

4 Likes

Oh boy was this a tough call. Eegah is wonderful. And The giant Gila/Ghila monster is one of the all-time best. (Seriously, have you noticed that nobody can settle on how it is pronounced. Even Synthia)

But I got to go with Gorgo. That one just brings the goofy mixed with the dreariness you can only get from Great Briton. Makes it kinda special.

5 Likes

I’d have to go with Eegah. This was one of the first classic episodes I ever got to watch all the way through. This was my favorite episode of all time before seeing City Limits. Still one of my top 10 favorites to this day.

6 Likes