Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 6 - August 2022 (Not-So-Superhero Month)

Round 1 - March 2022 (Good Vs. Evil)
Round 2 - April 2022 (Dystopian Futures)
Round 3 - May 2022 (Pesky Critters)
Round 4 - June 2022 (Supernatural Summer)
Round 5 - July 2022 (Mega Monster Month)

Summer may be coming to a close, but the action is still red-hot at the Gizmoplex, thanks to the Not-So-Superhero Month theme for August’s Vault Picks!

It’s an international roundup of fantastic feats in these six episodes, ranging from an alien warrior who defies his own planet and the occasional homicidal forklift, two “movies” cut from a TV show about traveling heroes that would make Stephen J. Cannell proud, a groovy woman and her teammates who try to stop a villainous scheme involving an atomic-powered hearing device (I think, it gets kinda confusing), a mild-mannered man who shines shoes AND battles a curiously attired interplanetary dictator, and a costumed do-gooder who takes to the skies to fend off an extraterrestrial invasion (by the way, has anyone found the alien leader’s record?).

The collection of episodes this month is heroic in terms of both the onscreen exploits and the way they make us howl with laughter, but only one episode can venture to the top of the polls. How will you choose which courageous crusader ends up victorious? Whose feats of daring-do will leave the biggest impression? Whose cuisine will reign supreme?!

Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 6 - August 2022 (Not-So-Superhero Month)
  • Fugitive Alien
  • Master Ninja I
  • Master Ninja II
  • The Wild World of Batwoman
  • Prince of Space
  • Invasion of the Neptune Men

0 voters

6 Likes

Your votes for other movies has no effect on Prince of Space.

10 Likes

Some of the choices aren’t a surprise, but BOTH Master Ninja movies? Fully expected a Hercules movie, Sampson vs. Vampire Women or a spy flick to be thrown in.
But having Neptune Men is a great idea thanks to the sudden cameo by Hitler and Servo’s greatest riff. You know the one

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t know… nothing here cracks my top 50.

I’m probably the odd ball with these - of Season 8’s tedious Japanese heroes, I find Neptune Men funnier than Prince, at least at the start, the first hour or so was gold… then it hits a wall. But at least we get Noh theater and the Hitler building.

I like Master Ninja II more than Master Ninja I

Batwoman has some decent riffs, but, aside from the short, I just hate watching the episode, the movie gives me a pain in my head and my a… oh yeah, family forum. :wink:

Fugitive’s so/so for laughs, though it has some iconic moments.

Mmm, wish we had Samson, that would have earned my vote. But of these…

I’ll go with Ninja II

5 Likes

Wild World of Batwoman is such non-stop majestic nonsense! A bit too non-stop for Servo’s sanity.

Plus, it has Patent Office drama! I have to vote for it.

7 Likes

How is this even a fair vote when KRANKOR is in the poll?

Heh…heh…heh…heh…

9 Likes

Prince. Of Space!

5 Likes

Prince of Space is an all-time favorite. Krankor and his chicken-men are just wonderfully goofy villains. I like it very much!

7 Likes

chicka-waka chicka-waka
bum ba bu bum ba da bum

MASTER NINJA THEME SONG!

10 Likes

just yesterday I speculated that this month’s Vault pick theme might be “Heroes?”.

not too far off.

3 Likes

Can I pick “none of the above”?

1 Like

The Pumaman is so far ahead of these others that it is not even necessary to include it in the poll

8 Likes

Pumaman’s not a vault pick. It’s the tribute show this Friday.

6 Likes

I’ve only got the July Vault Picks on the Roku, and don’t see any vault picks in the Gizmoplex on my PC.

I don’t see them yet either, but it is early still. They’ll appear soon.

2 Likes

Whichever Master Ninja has Crystal Bernard from Wings has my vote

4 Likes

Fugitive Alien, by several light years.

Aaanyway, time to don a goofy red wig and pleather and do some killer (get it?) somersaults.

ROCKY?!

5 Likes

Oh. I guess I’m not the only one who noticed that.

Prince of Space of course gets my vote, ya scum! :chicken:

I enjoy Pumaman, especially when I want the flavor of bacon in a dip.

I think that Riding With Death should have been a contender in this category as well.

6 Likes

That’s Master Ninja II

And here I was prepared to be a loner, Dottie.

High five to a fellow MNII voter, and happy birthday too.

3 Likes