Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 7 - September 2022 (Espionage & Intrigue Month)

His perm wasn’t very convincing, though.

3 Likes

That part always blows my mind.

“We want to give you a military construction contract.”

You can’t make me!

4 Likes

Hmm now which movie should I vote for… :rofl:

2 Likes

Operation Double 007 has some great host segment material, Final Justice has JDB and the Maltese men sketch, but nothing in any of the other movies will ever be funnier than Crow yelling “BART FARGO BART FARGO BART FARGO” or Tom saying “You’re all going to be Bart Fargo-less for a while”

Plus the sunglasses sketch. I mean come on.

7 Likes

Was he an espionage guy though? He seemed more like the swingin’, car-driving bachelor friend than a spy. But then again they DID have that rocket … so there’s a case to make that they were carrying spy gadgets…

4 Likes

I have to go with Danger!! Death Ray. I mean: BOPA-DAPA! Enough said! :smiley:

Mighty Jack earns some credit by being that mind-blindingly confusing yet, somehow, they manged to make it work enough to be funny!

Also, I rather dig Code Name: Diamond Head. I just like that “Mellow 70s” TV Movie vibe.

This is really fun collection here!

4 Likes

See, I totally get that. It’s absurd to tell someone that somehow it’s frivolous to want to help farmers grow food. Did they expect soldiers to live on air and dew?

When you let writers do their best work [sic] during Happy Hour on the back of soggy, ash-smeared bar napkins, this is the kind of reasoning you get.

3 Likes

Wooo!

SEPTEMBER 16: A TRIBUTE TO… SECRET AGENT SUPER DRAGON

4 Likes

Super Dragon always amuses … its a worthy tribute episode. He’ll take your cigarette and then your heart.

Does anyone … ANYONE … know what that vest-string thing that Baby Face gave Cooper was for? The vest was bulletproof somehow of course, and he gave Cooper a magic button that stuck to his suit perfectly … but what the heck was the cord running to? They made a big deal about it, but I don’t recall it having any role in the movie whatsoever.

And the coffin scene… So ridiculous. Cooper gets dogpiled by the dock thugs and stuck in a coffin. For some reason he has a recorder in his pocket (never mentioned before) which can hear through the coffin and record the tones of the phone number the thug dials. How did Cooper know they were going to call HQ? How did he even hear the dialing (in advance) so he knew to start recording? And how did Cooper know he was going to need an inflatable so he could get to the surface? And how did it inflate something without crushing Cooper in the process? Don’t know. And then Baby Face who got dumped in the harbor happens to have a saw capable of cutting the screws in his pocket.

Yeah … whatever. Bart Fargo may have been able to mow through his opponents like he was the Doom Guy with all the cheat codes, but at least what was going on was vaguely plausible once you swallow the existence of a “Death Ray”. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I like the chewing gum plot better. Probably because I have TMJ so I know I’d be able to evade destruction.

3 Likes

This is Agent for H.A.R.M. erasure.

1 Like

Can I just say I’m glad they refilmed the “M Waverly spins the sponsor wheel” bumper? The original was so loud and made me jump, whereas this one is so much more chill – not to mention edited better. Kudos, Gizmocrats

11 Likes

Double Double Oh Seven ALL THE WAY!

For many reasons, not the least of which is: they went too far when I got my haircut earlier today so the entire long weekend will just be me muttering, “Good God I’m ugly!”

5 Likes

And the fact that I was a bit disturbed looking at the top of Waverly’s head at first. AND… we got the new Wheel of SPONS in real time!

3 Likes

Isn’t it the one with Swearengen/Wednesday???

Or, is that the other one?

:thinking:

4 Likes

[removed because work ate my brain again]

2 Likes

Annoyingly, none of the other roles really scan over Lovejoy.

3 Likes

You can’t really blame them for not referencing Deadwood 10 years before it aired.

5 Likes

You and your timey winey stuff!

(Odin does scan to Lovejoy, but saying it is less fun)

5 Likes

I’m watching Final Justice, but I don’t find it very intriguing.

1 Like