Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 7 - September 2022 (Espionage & Intrigue Month)

2 posts were split to a new topic: Edit Error On Danger Death Ray

“Who won the World Series?”

Fun fact: Invasion USA aired in 1994, when an MLB strike meant there was no World Series. Since we know he likes to make baseball evil and hurtful, you can make a pretty strong argument that Dr. Clayton Forrester was indeed the winner.

5 Likes

Under the heading of minor things that bug me:

They make a ‘Colossus: The Forbin Project’ joke early on in Code Name: Diamond Head, but spend so much of the episode trying to place where they’ve seen Eric Braeden before.

Sheesh.

3 Likes

I feel like Radar Secret Service should’ve had it’s day for this theme but it’s Invasion, USA - which loved the mini doc about Zugman after the episode from the Synthia’s Selects. Interesting stuff.

3 Likes

I just watched it again today and I agree. The only thing I guess you can do is count the fat jokes per minute.

1 Like

Code Name Diamond Head tonight. I keep forgetting Ian McShane isn’t the Good Guy in this one.

7 Likes

I feel like I should quote Al Swearengen here, but there’s nothing of his that Discourse would let me say. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Where my user ID comes from.

2 Likes

The existence of Miss Iceberg Lettuce Jumpsuit-less Back: Painter Extraordinaire, suggests the possibility that Death Ray and Super-Dragon could both occupy the same cheeseball (or Arancini ) universe. :fried_egg:

If someone unearths the crossover where she goes on a dangerous mission to one of the Dragon villain’s fabulous galleries, I’ll totally tune in. Only please not the same damn ending this time as in both the other movies. :pray:

4 Likes

Ohhh, wow. In the first new segment for Operation Kid Brother, at first I thought Crow was saying, “Oh, like snakes IN bazookas don’t already exist!” I was about to gently chide him for doing a callback to his own stage show. Then I realized that it was, “Snakes AND bazookas.” Now I’m a tad disappointed. :grin:

4 Likes

I loved Synthia dubbing herself “Fart Barfo.” It’s still making me laugh.

7 Likes

Danger!! Death Ray got my vote as my favorite of the bunch. The riffing is strong. And Servo obliterating Crow with his peaceful death ray will always be funny to me.

Watched Mighty Jack earlier this week for the first time in a long time. So long that I barely remembered any of the riffs. And I absolutely cracked up on “He died as he lived… lovin’ his work.”

3 Likes

I have been “Bah dap a da da dada” ing all day after watching Danger Death Ray at lunch. And randomly spouting “Watermelon Man!”

7 Likes

I was feeling like I wasn’t making much headway getting through vault picks this month. Then I caught Covid and have been stuck in my room for four days. I’ve now watched them all!

5 Likes

“Multi-Racial people are evil. Goodnight, Everyone.”

(It’s an underrated episode. It’s got “Slow The Plot Down,” AND the BBQ Pineapple Machine, for pity’s sake!)

5 Likes

I’m seeing a consensus that Danger!! Death Ray and Operation Double 007 are - as I stated - the best two movies in this list by a fairly wide margin. The other four all seem to be jockeying for 3rd and not really establishing a clear leader. Basically Mitchell 2, Mighty Hack, Diamond Dead, and Rocket Attack Boo-S.A. are all in a 4-way tie for distant third place. Can’t say I really argue with the result.

3 Likes

Once again, Invasion U.S.A. is turning into a multi-night slog. :roll_eyes: So relentlessly awful. The woman who gets machine-gunned early on looks grateful to be out of the movie so soon.

3 Likes

Was it Crow who questioned Joel about that riff? I dig what Joel was going for, but it was funny when one of the bots was all like, “WTF?”

4 Likes

Yep.

Also, I believe it has one of THE best closers in the whole series: Frank Melville-ing all over the place while sporting an eyepatch and a stuffed parrot?! Fans, when you are tired of this you are tired of life !! :love_letter:

4 Likes

Not sure how this happened, but we are at the end of the month and I have not watched any of the vault picks yet!

Mini-marathons will now commence.

6 Likes