Favorite 'out of print' episodes?

‘The Beginning of the End’
This was very difficult to find back when I was working on my complete MST3K DVD collection.

Once I found it, I paid over $20 for it, backed it up, then put it back up for sale and got my money back for it :+1:

8 Likes

You have a shelf of the original riffing show and then the show that came a few years later which obviously stole the idea and applied it to music videos.

(Sorry, that has always bothered me.)

5 Likes

I never thought of it like that but you are correct :+1:

5 Likes

Godzilla vs. Megalon is my favorite episode period, so obviously I’d love for it to be officially available at some time in the future.

6 Likes

I do not. =(

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it, I don’t think anyone does.

1 Like

I do have The Wheel. :laughing:

4 Likes

Do you mean The TV Wheel? That was a fun experiment, but I can see why it was never made into a series and it must have been a nightmare to do.

Edit: Wow, The TV Wheel had quite the cast and quite the writing pedigree based on the IMDB page. I haven’t seen it in years. Doug Benson was on it? And David Cross? And Judd Apatow and Paul Feig were writers?

4 Likes

Wait, The TV Wheel?

How did you get your hands on that!

I remember seeing it… was that one of the KS streams? Or did I just track it down on YouTube?

I should re-find and rewatch that.

Also, they could bring that back anytime. From what I remember, it was cool, had a lot of potential.

3 Likes

It’s on YouTube. I don’t know if any of the versions are decent quality.

They certainly could bring it back, but remember it had to be done live with a ton of costume, set and prop changes done really quickly. I think it would have been extremely difficult to pull off for a full series.

2 Likes

Paul Feig also appeared on camera. I always thought he was very good as a comic actor. A few years earlier he played a very funny character on It’s Garry Shandling’s Show.

4 Likes

Who was he on It’s Gary Shandling’s Show? I re-watched most of it a few years ago and it holds up.

1 Like

Also, the most memorable thing about The TV Wheel to me was a marionette character saying, “there but for the grace of Jerry Anderson go I.” I have no idea why I think that’s so funny but I do.

3 Likes

When Garry got married in the fourth season, Paul played his daffy brother-in-law.

He was also on Good Sports, another show Alan Zweibel created.

2 Likes

Oh of course, I stopped watching at the end of the third season and never got back to it. D’oh.

2 Likes

I have the X-Box (a rough version of TV Wheel) the TV Wheel and Statical Planets on a homemade disc.

TV Wheel was generally pretty funny - I remember getting a kick out the gag catalog sketch, with Joel(?) voicing an upset monkey.

Nick Bakay, and Morwenna Banks were involved in it as well

2 Likes

I also have personal copies of all the “national” episodes (staring with Episode 101), but I would gladly purchase officially licensed versions if they ever became available!

The top of my wish list would definitely be Fire Maidens of Outer Space, followed by The Deadly Bees (underrated gem) and then Rocketship X-M (So many MST milestones in one experiment).

3 Likes

Yes! Nick Bakay was great as the sidekick to Alan Havey on Night after Night. I only know Morwenna Banks from BBC radio panel games, but she’s very funny.

4 Likes

I really liked TV Wheel. They showed it one night after MST and I was able to record it. I wish it had been picked up, though I guess I can see why it wasn’t. So much talent in one place.

4 Likes

And I only know her from her 4 episodes as an SNL cast member.

3 Likes