Favorite quote and why

This might be a topic idk, but favorite quote and why. I’ll go first “what you egg?” Shakespeare, why because now I’ll be using it as an insult

7 Likes

My favorite quote:

“If you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.”

― Groucho Marx

Why:

Because

9 Likes

Now, you tell me what you know.

4 Likes

“A mirror scratched reflects no image —
And this is the silence of wisdom.”

– Edgar Lee Masters

(Source)

Why? I guess because even we career motormouths have our aspirational moments…? Or some junk. :wink:

4 Likes

“If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you”.
-Genghis Khan

Well it’s totally bamf, but it’s even better to hear in the back of your head when you accidentally goof up or act awkward in public because you have no social skills

4 Likes

There is grandeur in this view of life … from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved. – Charles Darwin

Because people seem to think that science and scientists lack imagination and the capacity to marvel at something, even if we do figure out the why and the how. Finding the “answer” just makes it more beautiful.

7 Likes

Why is it when ever someone ask me to recite a quote my mind just goes blank and I stop breathing. Lol. Nope not going to happen. Sorry for not having any input. I usually have to look on the internet for a quote then it sends me down a rat hole. Go figure.

Isn’t it ironic, don’t you think.

3 Likes

“I drank what?” - Socrates

real genius GIF

1 Like

I could probably pick something randomly from the man, but I’ve always loved this particular quote from Kurt Vonnegut - “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.”

6 Likes

Go and never darken my towels again.
-Groucho Marx

I think this one a lot…

2 Likes

“But how can we know that dragons did not exist? We have never actually BEEN to the Dark Ages.”
– Cressida Cowell, A Hero’s Guide to Deadly Dragons

This is a favorite quote because as a kid it gave me something to respond with every time someone decided to tell me dragons didn’t count as a favorite animal.

3 Likes