Favorite single riff? (or favorite few because Bob knows I can't narrow it down to just one)

Nearly every riff in Teenage Strangler especially when the police chief is talking on the radio: “I believe it’s me.”

6 Likes

Mine is “He tried to kill me with a forklift” in its many appearances throughout the Space Mutiny movies.

8 Likes

Narrowed it down to two:

Giant spider invasion:

They’re in the kitchen and one of em goes to the fridge.

Crow yells out “want a piece of milk”

There’s also in the thing that couldn’t die

The big guy is holding a rifle and the greasy friend grabs it from him, saying something about shooting the gun by accident

The character replies “I wasn’t going to shoot it”

One of the bots says “I was gonna clean it at you”

9 Likes

Episode 801- Revenge of the Creature

John Agar: “It took 3 weeks to teach that to a chimp”

“A couple of the chimps drowned, of course…”

5 Likes

Look! Look! Look at our crotches!

11 Likes

Honestly, ANY 100% visual riff is will make me roll. But my favorite is Kevin’s habit of Tom singing when the situation is appropriate, like…

Werewolf - Tom: [Operaesque “AHHHHHHHHH”]

15 Likes

Mine is the series of riffs in the Thing That Couldn’t Die where they mock the character Aunt Fabia’s mispronunciation of treasure. She calls it “tray-sure” so the lines about “it gives me great dis-playsure” and “I’m going to go read my favorite Shakespeare play, ‘May-sure for May-sure’” never cease to make me cackle.

12 Likes

Mine still might be from The Home Economics Story short, particularly since you can hear Joel start to giggle before he delivers the riff…
It is when they are bringing a present in to the ‘house Mom’, and the narrator references ‘the five pound potty’…
And Joel immediately says “My! She had a big breakfast!”.
CRACKS ME UP EVERYTIME… especially with Joel barely getting the line out. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Multiple times per week I say “We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese” out loud and laugh every time

8 Likes

“Hey, you got puke on my radio.”
“You got radio on my puke!”

3 Likes

The Ernest Hemingway joke from The Giant Spider Invasion is so unnecessarily mean and comes out of nowhere that I laugh every single time.

4 Likes

speaking of chimps, another favorite of mine:

“They never found the talking chimp that did it.”

5 Likes

HAS to be from I Accuse My Parents.

“Mom! Dad!”
“I won the ‘Get the Crap Kicked Out of Ya’ Contest!”

8 Likes

Pod People - cave scene. The “observant” poacher is smashing trumpie eggs and Crow slyly slips in “If you wanna make a movie, ya gotta break some eggs!” just before the poacher is offed by (presumably) the ‘evil’ trumpie.

5 Likes

They arrested Harlan Ellison!

Good.

Damn simple riff and reply, but Crow’s dead-pan delivery kills me every time.

8 Likes

Mitchell:
John Saxon: “HEY!”
Johnnie Mathis (Joel): “What?”
BANG!
Johnnie Mathis (Joel): “Oh.”

13 Likes

Johnny Mathis? Alright, get my gun!

Edit: Fwiw, if you want to make/add little video clips, you can do so via Imgur.com. Upload a clip, right click ‘copy video link’, and just paste the URL in the message.

9 Likes

So many, but Josh’s Servo in ‘Untamed Youth’…“They call her coffee cause she grinds so fine.” always makes me laugh.

8 Likes

“In the 70s, you could take an abstract concept like shining your love, and just go with it.”

“'HEY! HOW ‘BOUT SHINING MY STEAK OVER HERE!’”

8 Likes

Space Mutiny - “Look alive, people! Oh, sorry Susan.”

17 Likes