Favorite Songs and Musical Scenes from the Movies

(P.S. If you’re impatient, skip forward to 0:40 or so.)

(P.P.S. Not just ukulele accompaniment ; it even provides tablatures!)

1 Like

Ley’s just post our favourite musical numbers.

2 Likes

3/4

♫ fifty-twoooooooooooo ♫

Okay, Ellen Greene rocking out “Suddenly, Seymour” in Little Shop of Horrors.

The tops, that.

3 Likes

nobody inquisition GIF

1 Like

“The Producers”

Splashing Mel Brooks GIF by Hollywood Suite

Did you say “Top that?”

1 Like

I mean, Steve Martin singing Son, Be a Dentist was fargin HOT

1 Like

“Phantom Of Love,” starring Rita Morena AND Morgan Freeman and sorry for rushing the Halloween season:

1 Like

Isn’t this the same thread?

Mine’s a “Singular Sensation”

With just one single scene Christopher Walken stole Pennies from Heaven out from under Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters.
pennies

1. I was not aware. I put in musical numbers and it didn’t show similar threads.
  2. What about TV. Or THE STAGE!!!
1 Like

Okay, here’s Patti LuPone giving the most menacing (and best) performance of “Everything’s Coming Up Roses” that I’ve seen.

And to cover TV, here’s Bette Midler doing the same number, also pretty good IMO.

1 Like

You people need to watch more classic cinema. Where’s the Busby Berkeley?!

1 Like

I submit “But Mr. Adams” from 1776. I saw this movie when I was in high school AP U.S. History. Seeing these figures from U.S. History dancing and singing in Independence Hall is amazing.

2 Likes

As someone who had The Sound of Music memorized by the age of 8 - sorry, I can’t pick.

Any of those.

But aside from TSoM, perhaps the best song in all of American musical theater and cinema (also Rogers and Hammerstein), here performed by the incomparable Billy Porter and India.Irie

I thought that the thread I replied to was about movies or plays typically referred to as “Musicals”, not musical interludes of movies or shows no one would consider… “Musicals”?

But, as we’ve well documented… I’m weird.

1 Like