Favorite Stinger?

After watching this fantastic montage, I got curious:

As of now: Mine is “Get out of here! You DISgusting WOOOOORM!” from Outlaw.

9 Likes

Wooorm is an excellent choice… but I’ve gotta go with It Conquered the World.

He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature… over and over and over :joy:

Second fave: David Ryder screaming, stopping, and bailing out of his floor polisher. It just encapsulates the whole movie.

5 Likes

Prince of Space. The Krankor laugh.

7 Likes

after watching that…

Lee Van Cleef fondling an animal with that creepy look on his face, was hilarious.

But man there are a lot of classics… Young Billy bonking his head on the celling

Kathy saying a simple “yuk” cracked me up

“It’s gone!” - “Where’d it go?” from the marriage short on Racket Girls

“Creeper, creeper, creeper, you give me the creeps!”

Mom my nuts?

Season 9 was loaded with goodies, season 10 too

The Netflix era wasn’t as strong, some went on too long (a simple “Ba Boom” would have sufficed for Atlantic Rim)

5 Likes

Also my favorite! lol, it makes me laugh so hard every time.

4 Likes

“He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature… and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned too late for himself that men have to find their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can’t be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And when men seek such perfection… they find only death… fire… loss… disillusionment… the end of everything that’s gone forward. Men have always sought an end to the toil and misery, but it can’t be given, it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside — from man himself.”

I want this carved on my tombstone, by the way.

6 Likes

“Help me.”

5 Likes

Cave People’s: “Dong” fishing gleefully by hand when Ator yells “Time for dinnet!”

Pod People: "It Stinks!":ok_hand:

6 Likes

Time for go to bed!

7 Likes

“Why don’t you guys leave us alone?!” from Manos.

It’s such a hilariously bad shot, from Make-out Girl looking around and fixing her hair beforehand to her bewildered raised eyebrow afterwards. A perfect microcosm of the film’s staggering incompetence, and a great example of how important a film editor’s job is.

7 Likes

From Rocket Attack USA. That’s my choice also today. He’s not nearly worried enough. It’s more like he’s worried about whether he should be asking or not. It’s an everyday pocket of disability experience that doesn’t feel like bad acting at all, just an honest moment tucked into a world where there is zero chance of anyone actually helping. War’s on, we’re closed. Just sit down and hope it’s over.

4 Likes

Two come to mind.

The hunter eating with his bare hands from Cry Wilderness.

“Absolutely fascinating” from Werewolf.

7 Likes

Some that put me in the floor laughing:
‘Sorry I was such a pig with the Chex Mix’ from Gunslinger and ‘I don’t even want to know what I stepped in’
‘And the muffler falls off’ and ‘You know what I’m looking at? That exit sign’ from The Incredibly Strange Creatures…
Pretty much the entire Final Justice too…

2 Likes

Weird. Yeah, I guess that is the word for it. Weird.

I like how weird is pronounced ‘weead’

2 Likes

As per usual, I could never keep this down to one. Stingers are one of my favorite elements of the show, and when you get a really good stinger, you get a lot of satisfaction out of having such a pitch-perfect endnote.

I’ll pick a stinger from each season!

Season 2: I’m torn here. I want to pick Rocket Attack U.S.A. because it’s a pretty good stinger in its own right as well as the one that kicked off this MST3K tradition. But I have to go with Godzilla Vs. Megalon for Godzilla taking the Nestea Plunge.

Season 3: If the MST3K team had the gumption to play Peter Graves’s end-of-movie monologue in its entirety for the stinger, I’d go with It Conquered the World, no question. As it stands, I’m selecting Captain Joe’s drastic change of moods in Fugitive Alien.

Season 4: Mooney losing his cool in The Beatniks is my runaway choice here, thanks to him being one of my favorite MSTed characters. It’s a battle for second place as far as I’m concerned, with such contenders as the goofy toy plane of death in City Limits, the hammy administrator sending us off with a laugh at the end of Being from Another Planet, or the expert timing of the spike trap in Hercules Against the Moon Men.

Season 5: Mikey takes it for his tour de force performance in Teen-Age Strangler. Close competition from the hilarious “he’s something out of a bad dream!” dubbing from Hercules and the maid freaking the hell out in Radar Secret Service.

Season 6: There’s so much going on when the monster crashes the dance in the stinger for The Creeping Terror, which gets my choice. Other faves include Silver’s aunt getting ornery in Girls Town, Gloria denying that the corpse is Dirk in The Sinister Urge, and the weirdly botched ending shot from Danger!! Death Ray.

Season 7: I couldn’t ever go against the out-of-nowhere elderly couple from The Incredible Melting Man. Respect to the crusty shopkeeper from The Brute Man for making Mike laugh his head off.

Season 8: The Phantom Dictator of Krankor taking over every channel in Prince of Space is an easy pick. I also like David Ryder’s undignified scream/roll from Space Mutiny and J.K. Robertson asking Matt if he’s one of his team players from Time Chasers.

Season 9: Makonnen’s “the good and the beautiful” speech from The Phantom Planet is just too good. Special nods to the title critters stealing a golf cart from Hobgoblins and the underwhelming stool fight scene from The Screaming Skull.

Season 10: The plummeting plane scene from Horrors of Spider Island defies explanation and thus ends up my choice here. Runners-up include the Rock ‘n’ Roll Martian from Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders and “Sargassum, the weed of deceit!” from Blood Waters of Dr. Z

Season 11: The Popeye arm, David Carradine with Ralph Wiggum hair, and that cheesy fanfare add up to a winner from Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II. I also get a kick out of Hercules flopping around as if he were trying to draw a foul at an NBA game from The Loves of Hercules, the title kaiju cutting loose in Yongary, and Santa having a laughing fit in The Christmas That Almost Wasn’t.

Season 12: The random chaos at the store in Mac and Me makes for a terrific stinger (and I’m glad the MST3K team resisted the urge to go with Paul Rudd’s favorite video clip). Also inspired is “Rule #2: Surprise!” from Ator the Fighting Eagle.

6 Likes

“The dog’s meat…have you seen it?”

3 Likes

“Extra, paper, read all about it!”

But Mac and Me is a new classic. The advantage of new stringers is that there’s a little extra time and that gives Mac and Me to play out in three increasingly uncomfortable beats.

3 Likes

Tied for me between Krankor and TOR-CHA!

3 Likes

My nuts?

2 Likes

From Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders: Rock and roll Martian! Rock and roll Martian!

2 Likes