Favorite Stinger?

Same quote! I was going to say this one. I don’t know why it’s stuck with me like it has.

4 Likes

Lots to choose from of course, but this isn’t a difficult choice for me: Teenage Caveman, Robert Vaughn in a chamois toga running face-first into a tree.

7 Likes

The same person who made that exceptional Stinger montage recently put up a revised version with Season 13 included!

(As a big Stinger fan, I just love this all-in-one video! :smiley:)

6 Likes

Kind of hard to beat the first one really.

5 Likes

The Unearthly
Tor Johnson saying “Time for go to bed”

I always watch late at night, so this is the most meaningful one for me.

6 Likes

With Seasons 2 through 12 accounted for, I gotta make a pick for the new season!

Season 13: I thought I was going to be torn between the jaw-dropping silliness of everything with the President Boong reveal (the REAL one) in The Million Eyes of Sumuru and the hamhanded absurdity of the floating drinks in The Bubble.

Ultimately, I have to go with the undeniably goofy charm of Sid Haig yelling “SOME MOTHER CRABBER SET A TRAP!” from Beyond Atlantis.

6 Likes

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Oh, excellent, thanks so much for finding that and posting that here!

1 Like

Side observation: it’s kind of amusing to go back through the stingers and see how many of them involving yelling/screaming/hollering/miscellaneous loud verbal noises.

1 Like

I love that Stinger so much, it has rocketed up to a place in my Top 5 of all time! It’s that great of a line and moment! :smiley:

4 Likes

Right?

It’s so inexplicable and ridiculous a moment that as soon as it was featured in one of those Season 13 teaser trailers, you just KNEW that it was stinger material right off the bat.

So glad that you dig it, then!

2 Likes

While I agree that Beyond Atlantis had the best stinger of season 13, the second-best might be Barbara Crampton socking Drake in Robot Wars.

4 Likes

It felt very much deserved after all the [gestures at everything Drake] in the movie. That was the stinger we NEEDED.

5 Likes

The maid from Radar Secret Service freaking out makes me laugh every time, then just punctuates it with “Thank yoooooooou” as a punch line.

I am also quite fond of “Extra paaaaaapeeeer, read all about it!” and “It’s gone!” “Where’d it go!”

6 Likes

Thank you so much for posting this - it’s made me truly appreciate giving an exasperated sigh and a fed-up “Like I’m always sayin’!” after the stinger. I never thought about it this way before, but it’s one of my great joys in life.

3 Likes

Cool, season 13 in the mix

• The Santo one is funny for the sped-up footage and the grunts. (And out of context - guys getting out of car and just wailing on each other, is a hoot).

• Atlantis is a classic, but it needs the riff to tie a bow on it.

• Batwoman wins points for the last line, “yeah write that down” (I mean, that’s what we do, right?).

• The Mask earns a laugh because it makes me think of the sketch (give Rebecca and the camera person an Oscar, they nailed that scene. LMAO)

• Munchie isn’t the funniest or the weirdest - but as taglines go, it says it all and has been one of my go-to quotes for the season. So, I’ll call that one my stinger of the year.

5 Likes

Tim Ryder

5 Likes
4 Likes

In the comments on this YouTube video, the actor who played that child commented - he said his line while playing with that toy monkey was done on the spot and was not in the script.

1 Like

This took me a minute to get the joke but thank you. It’s an honor.

And also, happy one-year anniversary of the release of Paramore’s song “This is Why.”

4 Likes

I was going to mention that one. I don’t really have a single favorite, but that one’s up near the top of the list.

2 Likes