Favorite YouTube channels

GoodBad Flicks just did an episode on Ator!

2 Likes

You might like ``Luke Towan’s videos if you haven’t seen them already.

2 Likes

AVGN/Cinemassacre even if that channel’s best days is long behind it.

Some other gaming ones too like SNESDrunk, Sega Lord X, Nostalgia Nerd and Kim Justice. Kim in particular has some great long form analyses of the people and companies of the 80’s home computer game scene.

I really like PushingUpRoses and she used to do videos on old graphic adventure games like King’s Quest but does mostly features on TV shows now. Her preference is detective shows and murder mysteries especially Columbo and Murder She Wrote but also does other shows like Are You Afraid of the Dark?

One I’ve got into recently is Trash Theory, a music analysis channel with a largely British focus.

And lastly I’ve really got into a couple of Japanese “virtual walk” channels, Rambalac and Virtual Japan. It’s literally just someone with a camera walking about for an hour or two and is good to stick on if you just want something chilled on in the background. They both have 4K HDR content too which makes their content even more immersive.

2 Likes

I do miss the heyday of Cinemassacre’s Monster Madness. And the games on AVGN were the ones I grew up playing, so it was fun to commiserate with the frustration.

1 Like

I like only the channels that have “I don’t own this content” in the video descriptions.

2 Likes

The pandemic lockdowns got me hooked on lots of YouTube channels, mostly DIY and tech channels:

Mustie1 (can get almost any old rusted out motor running)
This Old Tony (hilarious jokes while doing machine shop stuff)
AvE (An R rated This Old Tony)
Simone Giertz
Tested
Physics Girl
Blondihacks
bigclivedotcom
Techmoan (often shows media formats I never knew existed)
Technology Connections (the puns are strong with this one)
Linus Tech Tips
Evan and Katelyn
Fran Blanche
Adam Ragusea
AlphaPhoenix
JayzTwoCents
SaveAFox (rescues foxes from fur farms)
Hydraulic Press Channel (crushing stuff with a press)

Sometimes I’ll also watch people play video games I’m currently hooked on, don’t know why that is a thing, instead of loading the game and playing it, watch someone else play it, it’s so strange if you think about it.

1 Like

Gotta love Cody’s Showdy. Very informative and funny.

3 Likes

Dead Meat for all you Horror Fans
Good Bad Flicks for fans of riffing, and good bad movies.
Vlogging Through History for History Buffs
Cinema Sins for people who like to laugh at movies.
Legal Eagle for Law nerds
and of course, MST3K

3 Likes

Continue? features a trio of video game players. The premise of their videos is that they play retro games for a little while and decide if they want to keep playing (granting the game-of-the-week a Continue verdict) or not keep playing (granting the game-of-the-week a Game Over verdict).

A fair heads-up: their language is NSFW, but the guys are hilarious.

When asked if they were a Let’s Play show, a review show, or both, they said that they “always described it as MST3K with games.”

1 Like

I’m a gamer pretty much across the board, so all my Youtube viewing is my friends & acquaintances’ Let’s Plays and stream VODs;

Psychedelic Eyeball
slowbeef
UZworm
Proton Jon
PanAnning

(I actually also have my own channel cuz I Twitch.)

1 Like

I’m partial to

1 Like

Many of 150+ things i’m subbed to have been said or not really on topic.

What I will throw out there are a couple channels that helped keep the sports fan part of my head active during the lockdowns and shut downs.

Jelle’s Marble Runs was already mentioned but between their Race and Team competitions provided a lot of enjoyment.

3Dbotmaker, who knew racing Hot Wheels could be so involved.

and recently added The Wide World of Stadiums, solid infotainment.

3 Likes

I enjoy Good Mythical Morning.
Project Farm is a great watch if you’re into testing tools and equipment.

2 Likes

I’m watching a video on a YouTube and they used scenes from Here Comes the Circus so of course I start thinking of the riffs that go along with it. The only problem:

1 Like

Lately, I’ve been watching a lot of chemistry videos by a guy named Nigel. His channel is Nile Red and he has a parallel channel Nile Blue where he shows some of the background stuff.

2 Likes

I’ve watched some of his stuff and some of the things he does we wouldn’t do in the well equipped labs at work. I just hope where ever that lab is it’s not in a residential area.

2 Likes

He has an official lab space, although I don’t know where it is, but he had a different lab space at first and he acknowledged that he couldn’t do some of the more dangerous experiments because he didn’t have a good way to vent the gases he produced and he didn’t want to hurt anyone. I can only assume that he’s in a better situation at his new lab.

My whole family really like Ann Reardon’s debunking videos. She has fun cooking videos as well, but as a food scientist, she’s a great one for debunking videos from channels like 5-Minute Crafts.

2 Likes

One thing I love to do after making a depressing meal is watch other people on Youtube make much better meals than the one I am currently eating. I like Glen and Friends. A no panache kind of cooking show that doesn’t suffocate me with unnecessary excitement.

1 Like

Stoned Gremlin (Cinema Snob)
christophertitusTV
Rifftrax
Todd In The Shadows
TheCHR83
Butters The Bean - a cat I follow
Crash Thompson
ARTV
Amanda the Jedi
Hats Off Entertainment
Rocked
I Hate Everything
Cinematic Excrement

I also subscribe to a lot of channels that have people driving to certain places and most of them in my state. I don’t go beyond my city a lot so it’s nice to travel without traveling. It helped during COVID lockdown.

1 Like