Favourite Cartoon References in an Episode

I can’t remember an, “exit, stage left” in the original run, but I can’t believe they never said it. It seems like such an obvious riff.

And along with Art Clokey’s Gumby actually featured as shown above, there were also occasional Davey and Goliath references. I can’t remember which movie had the riff, “gee Davey, do you think it was… God?” but I do remember the riff.

(And yes, for those who are not familiar with thus but are familiar with the other show, Moral Orel was parodying it.)

5 Likes

Eegah, host segment, when Joel and the bots discuss hell.

6 Likes

Thank you.

5 Likes

There’s also a reference to Davey and Goliath in the host segment where there are drawings of puppets testifying before Congress - I forget which episode.

5 Likes

Rocket Attack: USA

That sketch is a HOOT. Oh, but why are the NEW SEASONS so POLITICAL?!?!?

4 Likes

“Well, I like The Simpsons I suppose.”

–The Wizard from Deathstalker And The Warriors From Hell

At least a few other episodes have the riffers singing the opening of the theme song. Robot Wars, for one. I think The Violent Years as well.

5 Likes

I definitely remember them singing it when clouds were shown at least once.

5 Likes

Ah yes, and Mike does Homer’s “doh!” a few times as well.

4 Likes

Although Homer lifted it from Laurel & Hardy, I think.

Truly, there is nothing new under the sun.

4 Likes

“Oh, no. Kopp.”

4 Likes

One that comes to mind comes from The Wild World of Batwoman.

J.B. “Ring through to me if that Simpson calls again.”

Mike: “Simpson, ehhh?”

6 Likes

There was some Space Ghost talk in Master Ninja II (leading off the host segment about pets)

And you had “BANJO!” in Batwoman

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure there’s a Flaming Moe reference in one episode.

4 Likes

Mexican Santa Claus, I think…?

5 Likes

Yep.

Tom: “Hey, Flaming Moe’s!”

5 Likes

I had Monster A Go-Go on in the background so I’m not sure why this riff was made/relevant in a scene with a guy walking in a field before he gets killed by the “monster”, but I heard this unmistakable call –

5 Likes

Multiple, whenever they go “It’s like there’s a party in my mouth and everyone’s invited.”

2 Likes