Favourite original song?

Creepy Girl, oh Creepy Girl…

9 Likes

I’m torn between two old ones. I know there are MST3K classic songs that are objectively “better” such as the two with Servo choirs (the Academy singers and the middle ages singers). “Canada” is maybe the best. But when you talk about songs on MST3K, two pop up in my mind immediately fighting for supremacy:

“Pants! tum-tum-tum
Pants! tum-tum-tum
Sing the praises of PANTS!”
and
The Waffle Song
(Is there anything funnier than the way after an entire madcap song about how great waffles are, the last word is a whispered “pancakes!”?)

10 Likes

At first I thought of “Every Country Has A Monster,” but then I remembered that ancient air on the Delta Knights (they look pretty good in fake hair), as performed by the Sir Thomas Neville Servo Consort of the Middle Ages Just After the Plague Singers:

12 Likes

From each of the different eras:

Joel - A Patrick Swayze Christmas. Absolutely a holiday standard. Hired: The Musical is a close second.

Mike - Where, Oh Werewolf? I was tempted to go with a Kevin Murphy-centric song like the United Servo Academy Men’s Chorus Hymn or When I Held Your Brain in My Arms, but Where, Oh Werewolf? has that 50s charm that’s irresistible.

Jonah - Every Country Has a Monster. Get in Your Mech is another favorite, but you can’t top Every Country Has a Monster for the Jonah era.

Out of these three? I pick A Patrick Swayze Christmas. Quintessential MST3K, right there.

10 Likes

I love Mike being the “host” for these things. He reprised this sincerely on the 372-pages-we’ll-never-get-back Patreon last year by doing what he called “Classical Minis” (just short podcasts where he talked about some aspect of “classical” music).

Of course, if it’s Tom, they always get randy at the end.

I’ll always have a soft spot for Side Hackin’ tho’.

The actual Side Hackers soundtrack album is also on YouTube, in case you thought the sound quality was distorted through some artifact of the video transfer.

13 Likes

I’d like to express some love for Master Ninja Theme Song. It is my ringtone.

Also Idiot Control Now. I know the MST team didn’t write the tune (or really even the lyrics), but it amazes me that somehow someone associated with Pod People came up with a genuinely catchy song. Even if it stinks.

16 Likes

All the songs on MST are great. The one that strikes the emotions the hardest is Joel’s “Clowns In The Sky”. Such a heartfelt, quiet little tune.

7 Likes

To Earth.

6 Likes

I find myself singing Creepy Girl quite often.

10 Likes

“Sodium”… Crow’s “old man rant” at the end kills me…

14 Likes

Yes, this is awesome. I also love the “Lyric: Bill Corbett” gag in the credits.

6 Likes

I’m a Danger to myself …and others. Just makes me smile every time I hear it!

9 Likes

you know, I heard Clown in the Sky off the album before I saw the clip, and the tone of the song, which genuinely makes me a little emotional, versus the tone of the scene itself (Joel taking off Crow’s arms, etc) was completely unexpected LOL

5 Likes

“Every country has a monster” Yes, me too. A stunning accomplishment by Jonah.
But the song that tugs on my heartstrings is an old one. “Let me be frank about Frank” :heart:

8 Likes

I sing “If Chauffeurs Ruled the World” at least once a day. Love that song

9 Likes

That’s my absolute favorite too​:joy::joy:

5 Likes

I’ll say this, too: before I even saw Wild Rebels, I remember downloading a WAV of “Wild Rebels Cereal” years upon years ago and thinking it to be the best thing ever.

Crow only learned two notes on the trumpet, but he made them count.

8 Likes

This show has had so many great songs. Just picking one, single favorite is hard. But for me, there is one that has always cracked me up to no end.

It’s a combination of the pure sincerity of Tom. Followed up by maybe the best exit gag I can remember.

10 Likes

Haha yes, that trumpet is the best part! :grin:

6 Likes

Look at that absolute legend. :grin:
mst3k504crowtrumpet

11 Likes