Feedback on the audio for Sleep For Health Short

The audio for the short in front of the Gamera vs Guiron tribute was a little soft while the riffers could be heard just fine.

Also, during the commercial breaks, when Tom starts that spinner spinning, it is much louder than everything else. My wife and I now leap for the remote when we see commercial sign to turn the volume down.

FYI!

*I think this is the right place for this kind of feedback!

11 Likes

And during the door sequence before the short started, the sound for the DS played in reverse.

MOD HAT: Moved this to the Help Desk section where it can be voted on. If you also had audio issues, please vote so @ivan’s team is aware of the issue

5 Likes

I had the same issue with the sound for the short being too low compared to the riffing. And I voted.

5 Likes

Ditto on the sound on the short, I voted.

4 Likes

Same issue here unfortunately. The short’s volume was just too soft in comparison to the riffs.

Also, I was streaming it through the app on Roku.

3 Likes

I run the Gizmoplex on my laptop, using Safari, and had all these issues as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, the ad spinner is deafening.

6 Likes

I didn’t know if the reverse door sequence audio was me having a stroke or everyone heard it.

1 Like

My experience is identical to the OP, via the Roku app. My household hates the spinner now, even the Siamese, who is otherwise indifferent to everything. I’d like White Dot to appear and eat it like Pac Man. Voted.

3 Likes

I was curious if the sound issues were just on the live stream last night so I watched the short separately this morning.

Unfortunately, it’s the same problem.

I’m guessing the three riffers might not have recorded at the same time to begin with because it sounds like the audio of Tom, Joel and Crow are different volumes compared to each other (or maybe they were all together, but the mics caught them differently).

There’s the chance Kelsey might have been dubbed in later over Nate’s initial riffing which also would account for the difference.

Regardless, if I set the volume to an ok level for the riffing, I can’t hear the short. If I set it for the short, the riffing is BOOMING.

2 Likes

Yes, there are places where Kelsey sounds a lot louder than the others. In fact, I would say that it’s more like Kelsey’s riffing is too loud rather than everyone’s.

1 Like

You’re not the only one.

1 Like

This.

1 Like

Hi @Lesley and @ivan was wondering, if volume levels are updated on a short, does it get altered in the naming convention so we know there’s a new version? (Such as “sleep for health v2”)

Thanks!

1 Like

Am I the only one who finds the volume of the short Sleep For Health much lower than the riffing? This issue hasn’t reared its head for a while, but it was pretty noticeable for me this time. Watching via a Roku on a flatscreen TV with soundbar.

3 Likes

I could barely hear the film, though I could hear the riffs OK.

2 Likes

Read above, you’re in good company. It’s a whisper in parts, a mumble in others. Riffing was clear as a bell.

Don’t forget to vote if you want the issue to have beer visibility.

1 Like

I have questions. :smiley:

Was that a Fruedian slip, there?

1 Like

Need (moar) coffee, not beer. And less fat fingers.

1 Like