Feeling Dumb. Where is the Gizmoplex?

Hi :slight_smile: I’m an MST3K fan from waaaay back. I backed the Kickstarter and got a Gizmoplex pass. Anyway, when and where is the Gizmoplex going to happen? Everything that I’ve read in the faqs seems rather vague. Please tell me I didn’t miss anything! Thanks :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Next Sunday A.D. in Branson, Missouri.

I’M KIDDING. The Gizmoplex hasn’t happened just yet. It’s all still under construction, all a work in progress as we speak.

9 Likes

The Gizmoplex doesn’t exist yet. A big part of the recent Kickstarter was to secure funds to make it happen.

If you backed the campaign, update #15 will tell you more about Joel’s vision for it.

9 Likes

If you follow this forum you will definitely know when it’s ready to open.

11 Likes

There is a Gizmoplex inside every one of us.

40 Likes

What if the Gizmoplex is the friends we made along the way?

42 Likes

It’s on the dark side of the moon. You’re not supposed to be able to see it. At least, not until it’s too late…

9 Likes

I think the technical answer to your question is that it will be a web-based application. It will probably live at gizmoplex.mst3k.com (or gizmoplex.com if they can get that domain), and we’ll access it with our web browser. There will also be mobile apps for some phones/tablets (although they will ostensibly just be “wrappers” that draw their content from that location).

13 Likes

mst3k700goofyclownface

The Gizmoplex is… right here at goofy clown face.

41 Likes

The gizmoplex is where the Hobgoblins are kept…

6 Likes

mst3k908stinger

This is where the Gizmoplex lives.

27 Likes

And Lt. Col. Glenn Manning.

AmazingColossalMan

6 Likes

I’m sorry, but your response (and your nickname) made me laugh a bit harder than I should have :joy: That was really special, PumaMan.

8 Likes

Ahh. Okay. Thanks. I realized afterwards that I had worded my post kinda weird. Yup, I didn’t think it was up and running yet, but I just couldn’t find out any specific info. Thank you! That helps. I’m a backer too, just with a different email account. Grrr. I’m having some issues today.

9 Likes

Aw man, ya beat me to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Where is Comedy Central?

You’re soaking in it.

13 Likes

2 Likes

Who remembers those obnoxious plugs Teller would do over the ending credits of MST3K. For those who recall, he’d talk over the ending “love theme” and stinger, and Comedy Central must’ve gotten some flak for it, because one of the plugs was a total troll, where he spent the whole time talking about how he wasn’t going to talk over the end credits.

Funny AND infuriating. I tweeted about it to him a few years back and he was all, “Hey, I didn’t write those and that wasn’t my idea!”

14 Likes

Penn, not Teller. But yes.

8 Likes

If it was Teller, then him “talking” over the credits would be just fine. :laughing:

19 Likes