Feeling Thankful - what are you thankful for today?

My family makes a little “Thankful Tree” each November, and each day we write something on a little paper leaf to express gratitude for something. It can be anything. If you’re thankful for it, you make a leaf for it and stick it on the tree.

In the past I have written “cheesy movies” and “woodworking”, and others about my wife, my daughter, my home. Today, I wrote “grocery pickup”. What are you thankful for today? Anything goes, judgement free zone please.

14 Likes

We do the same thing!

I’m thankful for my community. The friends, family, and people who make up the circles I am in. Always challenging me and pushing me to grow and to better myself.

9 Likes

Here’s our Thankful Tree

11 Likes

Waffles

9 Likes

My Rat Pack chess set!

10 Likes

Today I’m thankful for my coworkers. Honestly, my job eats up a lot (too much) of my time and if it weren’t for this lovable bunch of kooks I would hate it and have to be job hunting.

10 Likes

I’m thankful for doing jack squat!

I was planning a va-ca a few months ago when the normally reliable weekend guy just up and quit, without notice. So instead of no hours, I got more hours.

But now I’m using that PTO - And while I had some plans, most of them are falling by the wayside. Which should have me running for the complaints thread. But instead…

I’m mellow I’m happy, I’m doing nothing but sleeping like a baby, and reading, and hanging out on the forum, and sitting in my PJs, letting my beard grow - all while watching movies, and eating ice cream, and hamburgers (all the stuff I’m not supposed to eat anymore)

I’m not traveling, I’m not doing chores, I’m not doing anything significant, and I’m loving it.

This weekend my brother and I are going to hang out. And I’m thankful for that too. Then Thankgiving.

11 Likes

I’m thankful for Dentistry today. I’m overdue for a cleaning, by a lot, and so I’m getting that done in about an hour. I don’t expect I’m gonna enjoy it or anything, but I appreciate that it’s good for me.

8 Likes

Ah, the tree is a nice idea! And that’s what I’m thankful for today, the very beautiful trees outside that are a riot of color. It soothes my soul to look at them.

6 Likes

Here’s our tree…

11 Likes

I’m thankful for MST3K! Many, many years of laughter!

13 Likes

Today I’m thankful for time off. Even if I’m not goofing off, it’s nice to not be working.

6 Likes

I also wanted to add to add that I am thankful for this community. I’ve never found a place like this one before. It’s really nice to be able to talk about this puppet show I’m so fond of. You guys save my wife from hearing all sorts of MST things because I get them out here. So she doesn’t know it, but she’s also thankful for this community. :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

I’m thankful that I’m gonna be around here for the entire Turkey Day Marathon this year! That usually doesn’t happen, so I’m so stoked!

7 Likes

Hear, hear.

9 Likes

While I’m at it, I’m thankful for @Lesley and @ivan for keeping this microcosm humming and running peacefully. It’s an oasis. Thank you.

11 Likes

Well not many days to go til thanksgiving but I’ll join in.

First and foremost I think I am just thankful to be alive. I’ve got some friends who aren’t and I’m only in my early 30’s and some didn’t even make it that far. I’ve had a decent amount of close calls, and my worlds been shattered a few times, but one nice thing I learned from standing on the burning remains of what was your(or what was suppose to be your) life, as long as you’re alive its yours to build back up how you want, and I feel I’ve continued to have done that and this may be the last time I have to wipe the slate but if I do I know I’ll learn and become better if not slightly more jaded for it but my future isn’t kicking rocks and crying over the table full of milk, and the now some what cottage cheese like substance that remains of milk that has been spilled over time. With that said I look forward to tomorrow in a way for the first time in my life. So just about everyday I try to remember to be just thankful that I’m still here, and still have an opportunity to do better and maybe even help others while enjoying the show that is existence from science, to history, to music and various media(including new MST3k soon), and even to the future itself as it unfolds.

7 Likes

There are puppets in this movie show?

5 Likes

i’m thankful i found a job after 2 years of unemployment and i get to put some good into the world by doing it

9 Likes

I too am thankful for having a job, even if I’m no longer excited to be there. It keeps a roof over my family and a chicken in the crockpot, and that’s what’s important in the end.

8 Likes