First show to watch when the vault is unlocked

So, if the whole vault of shows is unlocked as has been reported, what is the first film you will view?

For me, I definitely want to hit the Russo/Finnish films beyond Jack Frost. So mine is Sword and the Dragon.

14 Likes

I sprung for the Ultimate Collection so… I’ve been doing this for a bit already.

I actually started by going back to the five episodes I managed to tape off TV that originally got me into the show, a couple of my favorites from Rhino like Cave Dwellers and Pod People, and then I went back to The Crawling Eye and just started watching them in order. Really different appreciation for the show, seeing it grow and build in order like that. I just got to Mike’s introduction this last week.

So to answer the question, my first episode was Hercules Unchained.

12 Likes

So cool that you have the Ultimate Collection. Holding out hope I may be one of the lucky ones that win it from filling out the survey. Still, I have the two smaller collections from my Backer rewards, and that’s been a good start.

9 Likes

Maybe something I haven’t seen in quite some time.

Perhaps Alien from L.A.?

8 Likes

Beyond Atlantis :grin: just to be that one weird guy haha

9 Likes

I’m going to sit down to a lobster dinner :lobster: :yum: and watch

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 2.12.46 PM

14 Likes

If I didn’t already watch Jack Frost not too long ago as part of April’s Gizmoplex Vault Picks, I’d go there. It’s my favorite episode of the series, actually.

But The Sword and the Dragon would be a great choice!

6 Likes

You mean a “definitely real horrifying alien beast (small version) dinner,” right?

7 Likes

futurama whatever GIF

7 Likes

This is a very good question and my brain is vapor locked

Too. Many. Good. Episodes!

7 Likes

Check out the mid month movie thread also for some fan organised movie fun :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Gosh, awfully tempted:
mst3k507

10 Likes

Well, if we get them all Friday, my first choice would be…Mitchell

7 Likes

The one weird guy in an MST3K comment board?

“Beyond Atlantis :grin: just to be that one weird guy haha”

5 Likes

Tell you what: When the Watch Party feature is active, I may set one up for I Accuse My Parents. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’ll be awesome!

I know I’ll want to set one up for Jack Frost, because it’s my favorite episode and I adore it to no foreseeable end.

5 Likes

Here for the I Accuse My Parents party! I hope I’m not late, I got a lil (hic) sidetracked. :tumbler_glass:

6 Likes

I love the idea of everyone hosting a My Favorite Episode watch party and will see you all at my place for High School Big Shot.

7 Likes

mst3k618specialtybread

I’ll bring the Specialty Breads™!

SPECIALTY BREADS™.

4 Likes

Love me some Gargon with a side of garlic butter, mmmm…

7 Likes