Five years ago today Kickstarter backers got access to Reptilicus

Has it really been half a decade since we brought back MST3K? This photo is from when I took my iPad to a local brewery to check out the newly revived show.

Any memories you want to share from The Return?

14 Likes

I was watching on a big screen at my buddy’s home with delicious snacks and a bunch of friends. Remember viewing parties? [sigh] Remember going out without anxiety attacks or having to flash vaccine cards? [grumble]

5 Likes

I stayed up until 3AM EST, waiting for Netflix to drop the episodes. I jammed on the play button THE MILLISECOND the episodes were available and watched with my eyes as wide open with wonder as possible.

I was tired and delirious and giddy and everything, so you better believe that there were happy tears when I watched “Every Country Has a Monster” for the first time.

12 Likes

But in 5 days, it will be 5 years since The Return premiered on Netflix.

5 Likes

I’m a time traveler and I shouldn’t even be here.

8 Likes

True. I think I had made it through five of the new episodes before any hit Netflix.

3 Likes

I was so excited I watched all 14 episodes in 36 minutes.

6 Likes

I guess for us the big day was back in February when they premiered Reptilicus at the GizmopCineramadome in L.A.

It was so great being in a jampacked theater full MSTheads.

4 Likes

As far as I know, during the LA, NY, and Chigago event before Reptilicus started, M. Waverly was there, right?

4 Likes

Yes, ma’am, we did see M. Waverly live!

4 Likes

GRRRRRR- I’M SO JEALOUS!!! First, he made his public debut before Reptilicus started, and THEN, he made a surprise appearance during the Watch Out for Snakes! tour. I’M. SO. FRICKIN’. JEALOUS!!!

6 Likes

OMG, that’s right, he did! I had forgotten! (I…uh…saw that, too.)

The adorable Dr. St. Phibes debuted on WofS, too.

6 Likes

I got Netflix solely based on the fact that Mst was going to be on it. I still have Netflix to this day. I couldn’t wait to get home from work to view Reptilicus. I wanted to view them in order. Now I have all the Netflix seasons on DVD. A purchase I have not regretted!l

3 Likes

I wonder if we will see her this season.

3 Likes

Help, I keep time traveling and I can’t stop! It’s always seconds after seconds into the future!

3 Likes

According to Jonah’s Instagram post, YES. Dr. Donna St. Phibes’ coming back.

6 Likes

Guys, today’s the day. It’s April 14th, and it’s been half a decade since Season 11 was released on Netflix.

6 Likes

Happy Returniversary!

I was so lucky that someone couldn’t make the VIP premiere in NYC and was so nice to give me their tickets, so I went up to NYC to see it. It was amazing. Watching Reptilicus together just made it all so real. And since it was the first time the cast and crew had seen it with an audience of fans, they had to be so happy with all the laughs. I also remember being blown away by “Every Country Has a Monster” and knowing that would land big time with everyone.

4 Likes

I was wondering. Did you see Waverly outside? If you did, good, for you, and now I’m jealous. If not, then that’s fine, too.

1 Like

That’s just crazy. Time goes so fast the older you get. High school lasted four years and MST3K has been back for five years, yet high school felt like an eternity and MST3K2.0 stills feels brand new.

6 Likes