Flag on the Moon. How did it get there?

Only serious answers please.

14 Likes

mst3k109duo

The Project Moonbase duo and a high-octane public relations campaign.

17 Likes

Rowsdower left it when he was looking for beer.

15 Likes

The BEER is on the SUN.

9 Likes

It’s all explained here in this helpful cartoon

24 Likes

A woman’s purse.

6 Likes

It’s always been there. nobody knows.

When we invented the telescope, we gazed at the moon and saw, through a glass dimly the stars and stripes. We decided, to make our flag around it’s mysterious form. However, our telescope was faulty, and we miscounted and misunderstood it’s form. And our first flag was wrong. It wasn’t until later on in our nations history, that we were able to see clearly.

We even formed put government around it and one day went to the moon for a visit, to bring it a plate of Jello.

9 Likes

The boys ran off and put it there after I scolded them for playing with coyotes.

6 Likes

I hear Dr. Cavor put it there.

7 Likes

Space rockets.

2 Likes

Only Dr. Cabell, Mysterious Financier From The Future, can say for sure.

8 Likes

Sprockets.

6 Likes

14 Likes

As if a switch had been turned, as if an eye had been blinked, as if some phantom force in the universe had made a move eons beyond our comprehension, suddenly, there was no trail! There was no giant, no monster, no thing called “Flag” to be followed. There was nothing on the moon but the puzzled men of courage, who suddenly found themselves alone with shadows and darkness! With the telegram, one cloud lifts, and another descends. Flag rescued, alive, well, and of normal size, some 8,000 miles away in a lifeboat, with no memory of where he has been, or how he was separated from his LEM! Then who, or what, has landed here? Is it here yet? Or has the cosmic switch been pulled? Case in point: The line between science fiction and science fact is microscopically thin! You have witnessed the line being shaved even thinner! But is the menace with us? Or is the flag gone?

14 Likes

It was placed there by Evel Knievel when his Snake River Canyon jump rocket malfunctioned and carried him much farther than intended.

He was later rescued from the Moon by the Harlem Globetrotters, who had themselves just recently escaped from a group of castaways on an uncharted desert isle.

17 Likes

Touch a button. Things happen.

11 Likes

I hear that the historical artifact of this has been locked away. Can you clarify your denial of the facts of its existence in your lavatory?

4 Likes

I can neither confirm nor deny that I did not refuse to fail to affirm the events which did and could not have happened.

4 Likes

I watched it happen on MTV back in the day!

19 Likes

Can only hear this thread title in the voice of David Byrne.

6 Likes