Food and Drink in Entertainment

The Twinkie-Weiner Sandwich from UHF.

8 Likes

A great problem for a Disaster Movie. I’m shocked it wasn’t used more often.

5 Likes

Well it was used at least twice…

3 Likes

The inspiration of Airplane! (1980) is the movie Zero Hour! (1957). The central poisoning is exactly the same and other details. Minus the ZAZ comedy.

4 Likes

That was based on a real incident, IIRC.

I don’t drink, but if I did?

9 Likes

Oh my goodness, I love Tom Allen on Bake Off: The Professionals.

2 Likes

I just finished The Boys by Ron and Clint Howard and I believe that he said it was apple juice.

5 Likes

Damn if Shaw in Person of Interest didn’t make me want one of her trademark pastrami sandwiches with spicy mustard and pepperoncinis.

7 Likes

Nero Wolfe had Fritz. Everything seen onscreen during the A&E series with Tim Hutton and Maury Chaykin looked delish.

6 Likes

Columbo ate a lot of fancy food on the job, but I agree with him that a great bowl of chili is where it’s at. I’d urge him to skip the crackers and favor a hunk of fresh cornbread, though.

5 Likes

One show that makes me want to eat all kinds of weird things…

Hungry Cartoon Network GIF

4 Likes

His love of Chili is legendary. Him sitting at a diner or greasy spoon opening up crackers and stirring them into his Chili while some characters asks him about murder was much of my childhood. The simple pleasures is what Lt. Columbo believed in. Chili and a nice cigar.

6 Likes

You remind me of when Columbo haggled on price.

4 Likes

I was thinking of exactly that moment. Also the one where the singer’s brother-in-law offered him chili with squirrel in it but didn’t disclose that fact until after he’d tried it.

4 Likes

He likes to crumple up the crackers into the chili…

5 Likes

Which is fine so far as it goes. But honestly I’d still refuse to be arrested until I’d gotten him to try the cornbread. :yum:

5 Likes

And deducing circumstances using food. His guesswork on milkshakes is one for the record books.

6 Likes

Apple Juice? With food coloring? Would seem so. Some shots looked lighter than Apple Juice.

4 Likes

I get that about the abbreviations. :blush: Thirty years ago you asked me if I wanted some 7 I’d have said pass, thinking it was Canadian whiskey and not the soda.

2 Likes

I’d still like to know what it was Scotty drank the Kelvan under the table with?

“What is it?”
“It’s green”…

Hmmmm…

5 Likes