Food of the Future

Eating of the future. Bugs, Vegetarian Cuisine, Algae, More Seafood, Weeds. So many articles and opinions on this. What down the road options are you into? Or is it all too out there?

3 Likes

Tang. It will all be Tang-based.

6 Likes

So the Apollo Space Program will soon rule the world?

1 Like

It will if I have anything to do with it.

1 Like

Okay, okay, how about everything is the same as now, except bagels are now hexagonal?

2 Likes

I’m all in for Flavo-Fibes and a cold glass of Reconst as per Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

4 Likes

And toaster strudel becomes an IV you plug in?

1 Like

I’m investing all my money in soylent green futures.

4 Likes

It’ll be like a Fitbit with heart rate and blood oxygen monitoring, but also an icing packet.

3 Likes

If they can bring Crystal Pepsi back, it’s time for Schlitz!

3 Likes

What have I started with this thread? I LOVE IT!!! Crystal Pepsi and Schlitz in the same sentence? Wunderbar!

2 Likes

With an option for Chuck Heston voiceovers?

2 Likes

Space ice cream.

Also, Dippin’ Dots.

3 Likes

:snail: SPACOM, with raisins. Or prunes. :snail:

1 Like

Those Martian food pills! (All the beef stew and chocolate ice cream you could want!)

2 Likes

There will be only five foods in the future: corn , chicken, green peppers, chili and…sigh…onions.

5 Likes

Johnny Longbow’s stew recipe WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!

1 Like

In earnest here, crickets and other bugs are the food of the future. More efficient source of protein than any other livestock in terms of required space, time to mature, and energy consumed vs energy provided. For populations moving increasingly toward high density centers with little farmland available, bugs would be the ideal way to generate lots of low cost food in such an environment.

It’s either that or soylent green.

1 Like

In all seriousness, I don’t buy that premise. People defy conventional wisdom and buck the experts throughout human history. There are those who suppose bugs as protein is inevitable. Others have a desire or vested interest to see it happen. Still there are more who are unconvinced and the debate persists. I can’t see the Western World wrapping their minds around that notion. Many would fish the waterways, hunt for Venison, or farm their own livestock versus devouring insects. This may stand as a divide between urban and rural populations in the years to come. People become so lost in theories they lose sight of the human element and from where I’m standing insects as a de facto protein is not a forgone conclusion though some theorists would argue the opposite.