For Anyone: Will there be any kind of release of the Jazz tracks?

A lot of people like myself really like the Jazz music during Intermissions and such. Tell us more about the artist and if/when we can get these tracks.

27 Likes

My name is Sandy Frank and I endorse this message.

13 Likes

My name is not Sandy Frank and I endorse this message.

8 Likes

We believe that is Farid Barron, who has toured with both Sun Ra and Wynton Marsalis.

9 Likes

I love the Jazz tracks and would definitely like to purchase them if made available!:notes:

11 Likes

That’s my understanding as well…and I’ve tried googling in search of his recordings and didn’t find much out there. I really dig the sort of fusion-y/lounge-y/weirdo style of this particular combo.

Would 100% purchase an album of that combo’s performances.

12 Likes

Discogs turned up one track on a compilation album:

12 Likes

Yeah, I am always look forward to moody & less straight-forward musical finds. Although I have savored the mst3k selections for the papermation countdown I also have enjoyed placing other tune choices “in the same neighborhood” as the Barron Trio track(s), because i love to tinker with music & visuals.

Sharing just to share with music lovers:

For Robot Wars, I put various meandering tracks Ultramarine’s This Time Last Year. The tracks worked fantastically. Ultramarine are an amazing mostly electronic duo I saw as a young adult that is still covering interesting ground (interestingly). The track Decoy Point (played a second time led up to premiere sign to the second)

The in the lead-up to Beyond Atlantis i listened to Moritz Von Oswald Trio (with Tony Allen) and again it was a winning pairing with the papermations. The track Sounding Line 5 led perfectly up to premiere as the countdown wound down to zero.

Check the music, if it interests you. The two tracks are just the last ones I listened to leading up to the premieres; there is more in style & variety. Explore & enjoy :ear:t4::point_left:t4:

Like you, I also look forward to more Farid Barron Trio music.

4 Likes

There’s an interview with Farid Barron on Bandcamp as well:

6 Likes

This came up in another thread, but Farid’s music and the Papermations would be EXCELLENT for blu-ray/DVD menus. I don’t know who would be in charge of making that decision (possibly someone at Shout) but the content’s already there and people have expressed some enthusiasm…why not? They all have such an awesome vibe about them.

8 Likes

Personally, I want a ten hour loop of them on YouTube.

(Also, I miss the yarn and giant Crow hands from the backer preview versions of the papermation!)

13 Likes

+1 ready to bring money to this with quickness.

10 Likes

New info from Ivan (via Kingadome chat): the track we all want to throw money at was recorded by Farid Barron and his group on set specifically for MST3K, and may be on the S13 soundtrack.

12 Likes

Normally I keep silent rather than offer a discouraging word, but in an all-time first on here I’m gonna go negative: I’m gonna be the jerk who says he wishes they would play something, anything, other than jazz. Maybe Mongolian tube and throat music? Didgeridoos? An iron lung attached to bagpipes? Cats being rubbed against balloons inside a running vacuum cleaner? Rosanne Barr singing the national anthem through a box fan? Sure, let’s go with all of those all at once, just not jazz.

You can tell me all you want how great jazz is… trust me, I’ve heard too much of that, and too much jazz. I have the utmost respect for jazz musicians and I firmly believe everyone should listen to what they want to. I, however, am keeping the TV safely muted until the countdown stops.

2 Likes

I’m kind of with you Panalones… there is precious little jazz I actually like. But the stuff I like I really like, and I like what I’m hearing being used in the Gizmoplex. I’m sorry it’s not striking you the same way. Perhaps they’ll change it up occasionally so that eventually everybody loves something (and, perhaps necessarily, everybody hates something too).

3 Likes

I think that’s me.

Glad I didn’t kill this thread!

2 Likes

You squares bug me. :wink:

8 Likes

Squaresville baby

5 Likes

MAY be?

Futurama Shut Up And Take My Money GIF

6 Likes

file under ‘nobody cares’ but for the build-up papermation section of the Future War live event I listened to Night Sequels: