For C. Courtney Joyner: Doctor Mordrid rewriting

QUESTION RETRACTED NOW THAT WE KNOW IT ALMOST BEING AN OFFICIAL STRANGE MOVIE WAS JUST A RUMOR.

YOUR QUESTION:
My understanding is that Doctor Mordrid began life as a legitimate Doctor Strange movie until the rights expired. If that’s true, what was your experience writing one script and then having to switch gears to make it legally distinct? Are there any aspects you had to drop but wish could have stayed in?

NAME TO CREDIT:
Chris Combs

HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT:
“Combs” just like Jeffrey. It does not rhyme with “tombs.”

6 Likes

Why not ask cousin Jeff?

I kid. Good question.

1 Like

That branch of the family is too many steps removed from me.

1 Like

How to pronounce : So pronounced Chris Jeffrey? Got it. :grin:

1 Like

To follow up on the family thing… we share a name and have some physical features in common, so I’ve always assumed we were related, but certainly distantly because he never sent me a birthday card. Anyway, I just did the work, and here we go:

You start with me (from Ohio), and go up through nine fathers (spanning births in Ohio, long string of Kentucky, a Tennessee and some Virginia) until you get to Mason Combs from Virginia born in 1714. Then you follow a different son’s line from my ancestor, and you get a Virginia to Tennessee to Arkansas line and then Jeffrey in California born in 1954.

So my great x 7 grandfather is his great x 5 grandfather, which makes us… kinda nothing I guess. Well, sixth cousins, twice removed, as if anyone knows/cares what those numbers really mean.

MEGA COOL!

1 Like

You are sixth cousins, twice removed.

Source: Cousin - ISOGG Wiki

Edit: Oops, didn’t notice you answered that yourself, lol.

1 Like

Haha…I had literally JUST edited my post to include that. Making this reply so that future people aren’t like “uh, Brando, he totally already said that.”

1 Like

Most likely, you’re related to someone else kind of famous a lot more closely.

My cousin’s fiancee is a Hodgson, so I’m like “OH, IS SHE RELATED TO JOEL?!”. She said “No, but I am related to Alfred Hitchcock!”. My response was “Bah! Joel’s way cooler.”

1 Like

I’m related to myself. I AM FAMOUS!!!

Well, no. Anyway, the best part of my research today was seeing the photo a genealogy site used for him:

The resemblance is uncanny:

(Yes, that’s a pic of me performing “Let’s Have a Patrick Swayze Christmas.”)

2 Likes

Also, even if there is another famous person closer to me, are they cooler than Jeffrey Combs? Very likely not. I think he’s great in most everything he does. He’s like… a more serious Bruce Campbell.

1 Like

You could find people who are equally as cool.

It depends on what your tastes are, right?