Forgotten, obscure, and just plain bizarre cameos

Spies Like Us has appearances by Frank Oz and Bob Hope, but it also slipped in Sam Raimi, B. B. King, and the legendary Ray Harryhausen.

5 Likes

From the same director and year and had even more cameos.

tumblr_o0th68c94h1u17n9io2_400

4 Likes

Anything by John Landis will have Oz and a bazillion other cameos.

5 Likes

Ronny Cox? He’s listed as Samuel Jackson’s boss in an uncredited role there. Good one!

1 Like

Meanwhile in the first D&D movie…

7 Likes

Aha! Tom Baker — the Fourth Doctor! — as Halvarth (the elf on the right). It’s a pity that Dave Arneson’s scene was deleted…

2 Likes

Not a movie, but does Dan Aykroyd in the video for We Are The World count?

5 Likes

Yoko is the Aykroyd.

2 Likes

Definitely when Redd Foxx cameo’d in an episode of Sanford and Son as himself…

No you didn’t read that wrong, There was an Episode of Sanford and Son where Fred met Redd Foxx…

There’s also the (until recently long lost) banned Sesame Street Wicked Witch episode…

But I’m probably going to have to go with The AVGN and Nostalgia Critic’s cameo in some random Anime I don’t even remember the name of

8 Likes

1 Like

Here’s someone everyone will recognized from the 2005 film WARM SPRINGS, about FDR.

Funny story - I was watching a lot of MST3K while working on a project about presidential movies and decided I needed to forget all about MST3K and get working on my presidential movie project. I put in this movie and I kept saying, “I know that actor. I recognize her. Who is she?” I had emptied my head so clearly of MST3K that I had to look it up on my phone like an idiot.

4 Likes

Sandford and Son S06E14 “Fred Meets Redd”

2 Likes

Nick Cave was in The Electrical Life of Louis Wain as H.G. Wells. He doesn’t look a thing like H.G. Wells, the filmmakers made no effort whatsover to give him makeup to look like H.G. Wells, and they didn’t even give him period clothing. It’s just Nick Cave, in a sound booth, reading Wells’ radio appeal to raise funds for Wain. Pretty ballsy move on behalf of the filmmakers I must say.

3 Likes

Was it a Bat-climb window cameo? EDITED TO ADD: Nope

2 Likes

Looks like period clothing and sound booth equipment to me. But I’ll give you that Cave doesn’t look much like Wells.

2 Likes

Thanks for giving me the images…

1 Like

And he still persisted two years later with Tom Hanks!

1 Like

Thanks, I was hoping I could find the scene on YouTube but no dice. Amazon must keep a tight lid on their properties.

1 Like

Another oddity…
sddefault

4 Likes

I can understand it, though: That’s a wonderfully sincere performance, and we’re used to a more…shall we say caustic?..performance from Ms. Day. Terrific!

3 Likes