Forum Achievements/Unlocks

Is there a complete list of available achievements/unlocks?
For example:

• First Emoji
  • First Like

I’d love to see the list… not that I’d need to earn everything, but it I am missing something, it’d be nice to know about any of the things I haven’t tried yet.

7 Likes

https://forums.mst3k.com/badges

7 Likes

Earning the “Licensed” badge was like finding a hidden Easter egg. You would think tutorials would be easier to access.

7 Likes

Willing to share, @ebk? :innocent:

2 Likes

Sure, if you tell me how you earned the “Read Guidelines” badge. I know it isn’t as easy as simply reading the guidelines because I did that. :roll_eyes:

How to get “Licensed”:

send a message to @discobot saying “start advanced tutorial”

(click on the blurred spoiler text)

5 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

Autobiographer and First Mention seem to be broken for me too.

(I’m not obsessed with earning badges, I swear! :wink: )

4 Likes

I thought I’d earned the “First Blood” badge, but apparently an official police report is required.

(That’s a joke, don’t discoban me.)

9 Likes

There appears to be a character minimum on your profile to earn the Autobiographer badge, so GIF Notes™ don’t necessary cut it.

4 Likes

I got Autobiographer when I inserted a profile photo, but I already had the text in my profile. If it’s not giving it to you right now, it might have been activated later, so try adding a paragraph and changing your photo (temporarily, before you change it back) maybe?

2 Likes

Try referencing me by manually typing “@ChivalRuss” in a reply… I didn’t get mine until I typed it manually.

3 Likes

I don’t remember exactly what I did for this one (I’ve done so much since), but I think it involved going through all 4 tabs and might have something to do with the amount of time spent in there.

2 Likes

It appears that that Reader badge is buggy as well, since there are now >100 replies in https://forums.mst3k.com/t/introduce-yourselves-here/ but no one has unlocked it.

3 Likes

Thanks, @ChivalRuss . I’m finally all caught up.

2 Likes

:partying_face:

2 Likes

@MichaelRobertson My only guesses are either that…

• It’s not active yet.
  • Replies that are replying to another reply don’t count, only replies that are replying to the original message.
  • Replies from admin, original poster, etc. might not count.
  • Some combination of these.
4 Likes

I am ready for the “backers” badge - that should be telling

1 Like

I’m having trouble getting the Share badge to trigger. And the Flagged badge is a bit cruel, I don’t want to ding someone just to unlock that.

Still working on figuring out the Email badge, maybe I can @SandyFrank myself to get the ball rolling…

4 Likes

I thought I had the email badge figured out. I got a private message from someone and replied by email. Nothin’ happened.

1 Like

Yah, I set myself up for email notifications of new posts under Preferences and then replied to one of those. It didn’t post the reply nor did it unlock the badge. I think the email responder isn’t active yet.

1 Like