Forum lag

Anyone else having problems getting the forum to load? It started last night with the never-ending spinning circle of doom. This morning loading has been hit and miss. I’m in the States (Chrome Version 92.0.4515.131) on a desktop. Just checking if anyone else has seen the same behavior before I go digging through system settings.

3 Likes

Same here.

3 Likes

I had it crash out as unreachable for a short period this morning as well. I suspect that, being in beta, they are doing work on the backend that requires taking it down every now and then. Stuff like updating the database, installing modules, adding rules, and so forth.

4 Likes

I experienced it yesterday for the first time; lasted about 30 minutes and then resolved itself. As @SandyFrank said, it could be work the admins are doing, or maybe external resources are holding things up (analytics scripts, etc.), or maybe issues with hosting (AWS or the like). My guess is that problems with our computers are the least likely culprit. Hopefully it’ll get sorted out.

3 Likes

I run a VPN, so any time I have problems, that’s usually the culprit. If the problem is wide-spread however, then it’s not anything specific to my set-up. Cheers.

2 Likes

I had a similar problem. I could load the list of topics, but no actual content. It seems to be resolved now.

3 Likes

Discourse itself was partially down last night. They have a handy status site if you’re ever wondering what’s up: https://status.discourse.org/

7 Likes