FREE The Mary Jo Show TONIGHT on Twitch!

Original Mystery Science Theater 3000 writer & cast member Mary Jo Pehl has announced a new livestream series in collaboration with Dumb Industries: The Mary Jo Pehl Show .

The monthly comedy-variety show is set to premiere on Twitch Tuesday, August 24, 2021 @ 8pm ET / 7pm CT, with Pehl hosting an interactive hour of comedy every fourth Tuesday of the month, free to all viewers. Chris Gersbeck, founder of Dumb Industries and producer of the popular The Mads Are Back livestreams with MST3K’s Trace Beaulieu & Frank Conniff, is producing.

The premiere episode will find Pehl presenting a series of unaired pilots and never-before-seen short films she has been involved with over the years, in what she is referring to as “The Failed Film Festival.”

Amongst the films to be presented are the pilot for RenFest , a sitcom starring Pehl as the newly-hired Second Assistant General Manager of a renaissance fair alongside her Cinematic Titantic co-stars Trace Beaulieu and Dave (Gruber) Allen , the pilot for America Obscurious , a mockumentary-style comedy also featuring Beaulieu in addition to MST3K & RiffTrax’s Kevin Murphy , plus a series of sketches Pehl produced and starred in featuring her own down-on-her-luck character Ruth Larson.

Themes for future episodes of The Mary Jo Pehl Show will be decided by the fans, with Pehl providing several possible options at the end of each show and letting viewers vote on which they’re most anxious to see next.

Watch the premiere episode of The Mary Jo Pehl Show on the Dumb Industries Twitch channel Tuesday, August 24 @ 8pm ET / 7pm CT!

14 Likes

Was it ever established if we can watch this later on? I definitely can’t watch it live.

1 Like

I got my ticket even though I can’t watch it live either. The price was pretty niiice.

Hopefully, we will get our chance to see it later.

2 Likes

Looks like Amazon Prime members get free replay—it appears to require a $4.99/month subscription past that.

4 Likes

@Chris_Gersbeck can maybe provide more detail about watching after…

2 Likes

Ah, I reserved my ticket a while back, and was hoping to download it later for replay as well. I guess we’ll see if they provide a private direct link like with The Mads broadcasts or not.

2 Likes

Replays are available for those who subscribe to the channel via Twitch. If you have Amazon Prime, you get one free subscription monthly to use on whatever channel you like. Otherwise, you can pay cash to Twitch in the form of a channel subscription to have access to replays.

Here’s how you can link your Prime and Twitch accounts

https://www.amazongames.com/en-us/support/prime-gaming/articles/link-your-amazon-and-twitch-accounts

6 Likes

THANK YOU for posting this. Mary Jo is hilarious… I am soooooo looking forward to this. The rifftrax episodes that she and Bridget do are among the best (I’ve only see a few, but they are all gems.) You are also a treasure if you help her work come to fruition. Have I great day. Thanks again, @deanadolphin

3 Likes

I’m dying to see this. I unironically love RenFests

4 Likes

I love Mary Jo! I really enjoy her riffing.

4 Likes

I watched this and LOVED it. I’m already looking forward to the 28th of September.

5 Likes

@deanadolphin, so I signed up to Twitch specifically for this show… It was great, and I missed the link to register for the next episode. Would you, please, please post it here for me? Also, RUTH LARSON, BWAHAHAHAHA!

3 Likes

“Dolls on turtles” :laughing:

Yeah, I’m signing up, MJs more than worth the $

2 Likes

The EventBrite link for the next episode is at:

6 Likes

I tried a few tricks on my machine to try to save the stream, but didn’t get anything working reliably before the show started. If you buy a subscription do you get a download link, or are you only able to replay the stream on demand?

3 Likes

I believe it’s just a stream on demand, but I hope they release a download. I would happily pay for it! The show was amazing!

I’m sure @Chris_Gersbeck will keep us in on the loop :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was really bummed when the RenFest Kickstarter got pulled, and I’m even more so now that I’ve seen the pilot.

And Ruth Larson was GOLD.

2 Likes

Right now you are just able to do replay, but Chris said something about hopefully offering downloads in the future. Not sure what the hang-up is there for that, when you do it for the Mads? But that’s how we stand right now.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Thank you for the kind words about the show! It was super fun producing.

I can say we will definitely be offering downloads for sale in the near future, we just haven’t had a chance to facilitate yet. For now, subscribing to the Twitch channel is the best way to watch and support the show. We’re planning a lot of fun subscriber-exclusive stuff outside of the regular monthly show so it will be well worth it. Thank you again!!

11 Likes

Cool beans, thanks! Do let us know when those come around. Many of us are digital collectors, and I prefer to stream at my own convenience from my NAS.

Thanks as well for pulling this show together!

4 Likes