Friday Watchalong Proposal Thread

I’ve been giving this some thought all day and I’ve decided to give this a try!

Would there be any interest in having another informal classic episode gathering this Friday at 7:00 PM Central?

The episode I’m proposing is one of my personal favorites: 519: Outlaw (of Gor)

What do you think, sirs?

11 Likes

Love Outlaw but let’s alternate hosts from week to week for variety’s sake, pretty please?

2 Likes

Sounds great! I love this one, anybody remember the hero’s name?

3 Likes

Id love a reoccurring weekly format for watch-alongs, bringing this entire modern singularity full circle by using linear broadcasting scheduling

5 Likes

Was it “Cab, mister”?

3 Likes

I’m in

2 Likes

Ugh…I can’t this Friday…I have a date with some Whiskey in DeKalb. It’s their NIU collaboration (my alma mater) release, and I’d like to get my hands on a bottle or two. =)

6 Likes

Hey look at that my whole day is free

See ya on Friday!

9 Likes

Mine isn’t… because I just put it on the calendar. :smirk:

3 Likes

Ohhhh no. I’m not falling for this again.

2 Likes

Sounds good, haven’t seen that one yet. Not 100% sure I can, but if so will be there.

3 Likes

I haven’t attended a previous watchalong. What’s the process. Do we all just click Play at the same time? Is it “one, the three” then click, or do we click ON three?

8 Likes

Five is right out!

6 Likes

Start time is usually 8 PM EST, so everyone hits play when the clock hits the top of the hour. If you can’t get here until 8:15, just skip to 15 minutes in and you’ll be synced with the group.

5 Likes

They need to add the functionality where someone can host a show and people watch along. This way has gotten complicated, tedious, and boring. No offense to the people who like it,

You’re welcome to think tedious and boring (hey, it’s America, man), but how has it become complicated?

I think it depends on how fast you’re travelling relative to the other MSTies. Once those temporal dilation effects kick in, it gets real hard to stay synced up.

7 Likes

Hey! Didn’t know there were any other NIU people here. I still miss the Junction’s Hobo Skillet. O M G… it’s still open! Haven’t been to DeKalb since I graduated. Enjoy!

4 Likes

None taken; now I’ll just imagine you’re skydiving with a laptop and other absurdly rad things when I read the posts

4 Likes

Fabio! Jack Palance! Buffalo shots! Tubular Boobular Joys for everyone!

8 Likes