From the makers of Demon Squad... Look what just came in the mail!

31 Likes

I got mine a few days ago. Won’t be able to get to it until this weekend, but it’s right next to my unriffed copy of Demon Squad.

I actually got it the same day that I received a kick-ass Demon Squad production tee. How’s that for coincidence?

10 Likes

Oooooh, please please please riffing gods, we need this! Of course, I’m as interested in the movie as the riff: Demon Squad was just on the cusp of good moviedom, and I’d like to see more of their work.

6 Likes

Sorry to be political but is that Lauren Boebert on the cover? I kid, I kid.

They look so horrified lol

I wonder what they are seeing

A screening of the movie? Sorry I had to.

1 Like

Gotta be Munchie.

5 Likes

I was thinking that “Hey maybe the experience was so good Thomas and Erin will negotiate this movie for next season.”

Back cover says 126 minutes. Sometimes these things are inaccurate, but given how flicks are usually slashed down to 70 on this show, an over two hour movie probably aint happening.

3 Likes

Haven’t watched it yet, but I’m sure there’s a plethora of substance, lore, and plot points that simply can’t be edited down.

All I know is they better not edit out one second of that adorable skeleton with the Buster Keaton hat.

5 Likes

By the way, Thomas also said this movie has a short film sequel called Night of the Krampus. He has that posted on YouTube.

6 Likes

Demon Squad was apparently heavily edited for MST3K, so I doubt that would stop them. From what I gather the edit was a good thing. This isn’t a criticism, but I think DS could used a big edit… not blaming them, I wouldn’t want to gratuitously cut something I worked so hard on.

2 Likes

Demon Squad was only 90 minutes. The two big scenes I remember being cut out were the scene where they caught Skeeter and interrogating a troll woman. There were likely more, but those were the big drops that were noticable and I’d have to watch it again to catch them.

5 Likes

What does The Night Shift have to do with Demon Squad?

It was Thomas and Erin’s first film.

4 Likes

Oh.

Ha! Honestly, we hate this cover. We had a way better one that we gave the distributor, but marketing had other ideas, i guess. This was ours (ignore the arrows, please):

22 Likes

Eh, it was our first film, and it’s overlong.

12 Likes

This was our first film, with less money, and is filmed in stunning standard def. :laughing:

13 Likes