From the makers of Demon Squad... Look what just came in the mail!

Thanks for replying!
I’ve never released any film so take my comments with a grain of salt.
I have wanted to create and release video games for decades but have gone nowhere with that even though I have some of the technical skills.
Had fun watching the Demon Squad MST3K premiere and the post event with you. Glad you’re part of the community and MST3K history.

5 Likes

Yeah, I took this as a challenge (Reader, the arrows defeated me :frowning: )

5 Likes

But I yet may release a game one day and you’re all welcome to riff it :smiley:

4 Likes

Please tell me the skeleton character breaks into “Goodbye, My Coney Island Baby” at some point!

6 Likes

No problem! Glad you had fun with the movie, and thanks for checking out Night Shift! To answer what was cut out, it was mostly anything having to do with Daisy’s abilities and some of the Stranger’s stuff. A conversation with Moon about not trusting Lilah, having to leave the crime scene in pain, finding the warehouse with the stitchers, and Daisy and Moon being captured by the Stranger. There were also just some lines here and there that were removed.

Best of luck with the video game! The best encouragement I can give you is just to do the thing. Even if it isn’t perfect, you’ll have had the experience and can improve on the next one. That’s what we’re trying to do, too. :slight_smile:

All the best to you!

14 Likes

I wish! He does break into song in Night of the Krampus, though. Just not that one, specifically.

9 Likes

What I like about you guys is that you just go for it! Demon Squad had more actors, locations, costumes, and special effects than a lot of MST3K films that had much higher budgets even when they came out. Make a slasher flick in a remote cabin? Naw, skeleton dude and demons in a city!

8 Likes

That’s great! Is the Krampus short a bonus on this DVD, or is it sold separately?

3 Likes

Thanks!

It really stood out / bothered me hah at the premiere about Daisy’s powers not getting explained and it was the first thing I thought of when it was mentioned here that it had been cut for time.

Thanks for all the insights, that’s really cool.

5 Likes

It used to be streaming on Prime and on disc through Amazon’s on demand service until it shuttered. Now it’s just free on YouTube… with some awkward in-video ad breaks that were inserted to fill runtime for a local TV broadcast.

6 Likes

We did the super serious cabin-in-the-woods slasher thing, too, with Backwoods. I think it’s free on Vudu. Not my favorite. But that’s a whole other can of worms.

9 Likes

There’s a lot that could be cut. A lot.

7 Likes

Thanks! Maybe if The Night Shift gets a reissue, it could be included as bonus content.

Oh, and love the name Rue Morgan. Kudos as well for Herbie West (re-animated). :wink:

4 Likes

No idea who that is, and maybe I’ll just leave things that way. :confused:

Ignorance is bliss. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Unless you live in Colorado, then please look up who she is :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thats a great idea, and thanks!!

2 Likes

shouldn’t really be talking about this …

3 Likes

Thanks but we’ve got our own locally-grown buffoons right here. :confused:

2 Likes

MOD HAT: Let’s get back to the topic at hand (and that includes me :slight_smile: )

1 Like