Future Discussions

I use MakeMKV to rip (it only rips to .mkv format) and Handbrake to convert to mp4.

4 Likes

I also use MakeMKV to rip, but i keep it .mkv

VLC player plays them all. I have it on Xbox One. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I use Handbrake and save files as mp4.

4 Likes

MakeMKV here as well. The .mkv format’s ability to store so much stuff – multiple audio tracks, subtitle/caption tracks, even multiple video tracks if you’re into something that kinky – makes it my favorite.

2 Likes

Makemkv also. Handbrake if I want to convert, but my NAS is large enough I don’t need to compress them. I just use DS Video Station because it’s stock on my NAS to stream with, but I wish I had just setup a Plex server. Works well enough and not worth going back to change things until I upgrade storage.

I skip MakeMKV and only use Handbrake.

And you have my sword……wait, wrong fandom. :wink:

But yeah, even though the fundraiser died, doesn’t mean MST3K is over. And however I can help with my thimble-full of comedic talent, I’m more than willing.

4 Likes

I’ve got a cunning plan that just might work.

Step One – Jonah meets Taylor Swift.

Step Two – Jonah sweeps Taylor Swift off her feet and convinces her to dump that dumb jock.

Step Three – Taylor Swift tells all her fans about this great new guy she is seeing and the funny little show he is on.

Step Four – Taylor Swift is given her own luxury box in the Gizmoplex.

Step Five – Every time Jonah lands a really great riff, the cameras cut to Taylor
Swift cheering and applauding.

Step Six – Money and media attention beyond Joel’s wildest dreams!

11 Likes

Step Seven: Taylor breaks up with him and writes a song about him. She makes another billion dollars.

10 Likes

Everybody wins!

10 Likes

The downside is that with the influx of rabid Swifties, MST would have to start riffing Twilight or Paw Patrol or whatever tweens are watching now. Actually, it would probably be Youtube or Tik Tok influencers.

Harrumph

3 Likes

I assume Twilight refers to the movie series based on the books? The movies that premiered between 2008 and 2012? What does that have to do with tweens?

The vast majority of Swift’s fans are Millennials and older. So it would be an influx of 30-40 year olds.

2 Likes

I assume if you’re on the MST3K forum yet can’t spot a joke, you’re just here to troll and look for an argument. Find another dance partner.

1 Like

Mod hat - Let’s all remember the “be kind” rule. While we’re at it, let’s steer back towards the topic of supporting the future of MST3K. I think we got a little distracted with the Jonah/Taylor fanfic.

3 Likes

Rifftrax already did do Twilight. The only way I’ve ever seen Twilight, actually…

2 Likes

Have there been any updates? I’m not really on social media.

It’s been pretty quiet in the “update” arena. I haven’t heard anything since the end of the last crowd-funding thinger. =(

5 Likes

I’ve just been putting savings aside each month in the meantime, specifically so that I’m not caught off guard next time they ask for my moolah.

9 Likes

Make it Tom Servo instead of Jonah, and I’m on board!

Sorry mods…

Uh I support future seasons!

4 Likes

At least Servo isn’t married.

8 Likes