Future Wax!

I am ridiculously excited about tomorrow night’s tribute ep.

I love that one. There some jokes that aged poorly, but oh my goodness the rest is still so good.

The right to expect constant kickboxing?
Check

All the bras were hell on Earth?
Check

Incredible empty box warehouse fight?
Check

FRED F’ING BURROUGHS???!?!??
!!!——-CCCCHHHHHEEEEECCCCKKKKKKK——-!!!

10 Likes

Yeah. I find its painful earnestness a delight. One of those episodes I can watch over and over again. Along with the much-maligned Hamlet.

The fat jokes really haven’t aged well, but what can ya’ do? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Did someone say Future Wax?

il_300x300.3122675019_nuoq

…there were a surprising number of MST3K themed candles in my search.

13 Likes

I used to rent a house in an almost entirely Latino neighborhood in L.A. and it had a built-in nook in the hallway for prayer candles. I would have killed for those Tom and Crow candles, but the landlord might have killed me.

5 Likes

I got my sister a Joe Strummer prayer candle one Christmas. Joe in robes. It was a big hit.

7 Likes

Are you sure you’re not thinking of a phone nook?

4 Likes

Well it had prayer candles in it when I moved in. And a crucifix in the living room. He wasn’t too happy we took those things down, but he couldn’t do anything about it.

3 Likes

These were a very common thing in a certain generation of home, and most of them are now used for decoration. In my relatively Catholic area of the world, I saw the candle thing pretty often. Usually these homes also had the Virgin Mary grotto in the yard.

4 Likes

Bathtub Mary and Jeebus grottos are uniquely weird, and make me wonder whether a particular type of bathtub has been identified as the most desirable for yard religious iconography.

Like, is there a FB group or something where they debate this stuff?

4 Likes

Oh gosh, I would buy these with real money dollars.

5 Likes

Good news then, because I swiped the images from an Etsy page. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

$16 is a lot for a candle, but I’m tempted.

4 Likes

This is now a Robert Z’Dar ( Robert James Zdarsky) tribute thread! The chin that launched a thousand cheesy movies!

Robert_Z-Dar_Future_War

9 Likes

Action-Figure Jay Leno!! (R.I.P.)

9 Likes

“You broke that jaw?”

5 Likes

This jaw?

8 Likes

7 Likes

RiffTrax-_Robert_Z%27Dar_in_Samurai_Cop

7 Likes

Man, there’s something about career B movie actors that I like a lot. It seems so pure and unpretentious, somehow.

7 Likes

Tomorrow is my birthday…and I’m gonna watch the HECK out of Future Wax! Even better, my non-MSTie wife rolled her eyes and agreed to watch with me!!

7 Likes