Future Xbox App Thread

Just starting a thread for my fellow Microsoft XBots who would eventually like to see the Gizmoplex on Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X. Per the link from the March 2nd Kickstarter update (“Why Isn’t There an App for my Preferred Platform”), it says that the MST production/IT crew are considering a future XBox app for the Gizmoplex if there is enough interest.

So, thought I would start an “interest” thread to show them we Xbots would like to have an option! Post here if you would like to see it eventually hit XBox and lets show them there is interest!

14 Likes

I would 100% like an XBOX app. I know Playstation is really expensive to develop on, so I don’t expect to see it on there any time soon. Currently I have to either watch the Gizmoplex on my phone or my computer. I have an Android TV that will run the app, but it’s so sloooooow. My TV isn’t top of the line, and if the app keeps getting more complex, I fear I may not be able to watch on it long term.

4 Likes

I agree it would be a super sized portion of awesome.

Personally even of they get it to work in the browser would be awesome. Which credit to xbox and props to internet explorer(which im not sure I’ve been able to say in a decade at least) the browser seems to work great on most sites.

I know I still love me some swearnet, south park, and adultswim and although there are apps for mobile devices there’s no app for Xbox or my smart TV, but they play from their respective websites just fine full screen HD through the browser on my Xbox One S!

3 Likes

We use our Xbox for all of our streaming services, so a Gizmoplex app for Xbox would be awesome! We are currently streaming via HDMI from my Acer Predator.

Someone mentioned trying it on the Xbox internet browser (Edge…which I hate on computers and if you’ve tried it on Xbox, you’ll need a mental health visit afterwards…lol)

2 Likes

I agree with this. I have a Series X and the speed of loading apps is so much quicker than my other streaming devices.

1 Like

Just adding my name as someone in the Microsoft ecosystem who would download the app once it is released.

In my previous house, I watched my entire VHX MST3K library using the Xbox browsing on Edge. (The electronics are set up quite differently in our new home.)

3 Likes

Did they upgrade the controls on Series X? I have Xbox One X and it’s a nightmare with the game controller. The remote isn’t much better. =(

1 Like

I’m waiting until I can buy a Series X for MSRP on Microsoft.com. I expect it’ll be at least a year before that becomes reality.

No, I just got an Edge page on the VHX site, and never closed the tab. I’d put on an episode full-screen while working, and the site would typically auto-play other episodes without any further intervention.

1 Like

Ooh, nice =)

1 Like

Add another vote to the pile, I typically stream with my Xbox X or One depending on the room. Way easier than streaming to a Chromecast or FireStick like I will have to do now.

1 Like

Another Xbox user throwing in my interest. I don’t mind logging in through the browser, but an app would be great.

1 Like

Pretty sure the issues aren’t a perceived lack of folks interested in having an Xbox (or PlayStation) app. The issue is a matter of time and money. It was stated during the KS that the team wanted to use as much of the potential moneys pledged in the production of episodes. Apps were going to be in the mix but in a limited scale.

The amount of time and hoops developers have to jump through to get apps approved are numerous and, at least where PlayStation is concerned, tedious and expensive. If apps for these platforms happen, it will be some time down the line.

3 Likes

Which is why I said until then I know the xbox browser is great at handling and playing video in HD(don’t have a Playstation so can’t comment in that browser) including the South Parks website, the site for [adultswim], and swearnet.

So the Xbox browser should have no problem with the gizmoplex website until there is more of a time and funds to expand the app availability.

2 Likes

Xbox is my primary streaming hardware, so I would absolutely love it if there was a Gizmoplex app. Right now I’m just using airplay through my MacBook on my LG tv and it’s more cumbersome that I would like.

1 Like

Count me in as another MSTie who would totally be cool with an Xbox app. I have a Series S in my bedroom and it’s a really nice little machine. Would be cool to have around so that I don’t always have to use my main TV, phone or computer for future Gizmoplex streams.

1 Like

Depending on what you mean by that, if you’re a GamePass subscriber, every now and then Microsoft will email and offer a bundle with a Series X, a game (from a limited selection), and a controller. It’s offered at MSRP for each thing, so you’re potentially paying a bit more for the game and controller (since those often are available for less on sale). I decided it was worth it around Thanksgiving time and have been enjoying mine ever since.

1 Like

Not only that, VHX doesn’t even offer a Playstation SDK, so it’s currently essentially impossible. (They don’t offer it because dealing with Sony is such a PITA.)

3 Likes

I was using my Xbox One for all my streaming on TV up until this past week when I bought a Roku to watch this on my TV. As a bonus we can also watch PBS and AMC+ on TV now, since we were subscribed but Xbox doesn’t have compatible apps.

I got a lot of free trial offers after setting up my Roku. 1 free month of Hulu, 2 free months of Paramount+, and 1 free month each for Starz, Epix, and Showtime. I might’ve gotten more offers if I wasn’t already signed up to some services. So the Roku may pay for itself in free trials.

1 Like

Yeah, as someone with a PlayStation and a Smart LG TV, I’m a little worried about my ability fully enjoy Gizmoplex interactions. :worried:

What are my options? Buy a Roku just for this?

2 Likes

Amazon FireTV Stick 4K or Roku Streaming Stick 4K are probably your best low cost ($30-40) options.

2 Likes