Gamera: Is he Batman, James Bond, or Doctor Who?

Gamera not only looks different in his various film appearances, but he also acts very differently from one film to the next. So this begs the question - is he like Batman and he changes based on who portrays him, or is like James Bond and is actually different giant turtles stepping into the “Gamera” title, or is he like Doctor Who and constantly regenerating into new looks and behaviours?

• He’s Batman
  • He’s James Bond
  • He’s Doctor Who
  • He’s a succession of Japanese stunt men in various rubber suits

0 voters

3 Likes

Alternatively, I would like to suggest he is primarily composed of turtle meat and that his physiological composition may explain the discrepancy in his appearance between movies (which are very neat)!

4 Likes

No matter what persona, Gamera is the turtle meat-filled friend of all children.

4 Likes

My folks go see Michael Feinstein all the time and I have yet to convince them to yell out “Do the Gamera song!” :cry:

1 Like

“Yes, MSTies, there is a Gamera. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Gamera. It would be as dreary as if there were no MSTies. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance, to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.” *

*with apologies to Francis P Church

4 Likes

He’s always been Emperor Hirohito in disguise.

2 Likes