Gamera vs Host

Do we know yet who the host is for Gamera vs Jiger? Part of me really wants Joel for this one, for full nostalgia value, but the other part of me feels like he may have already had his lifetime exposure limit to these films.

Regardless of who the host of the episode ends up being, who of the current hosting pool would you personally most like to see take on the giant turtle?

• Jonah
  • Emily
  • Joel

0 voters

1 Like

I believe it’s been confirmed that Jonah is the host for Gamera Vs. Jiger.

That being said, I’d love to see Joel be the host for that just for a sense of completeness, the distinction of the host who tackled all the Gamera movies.

Any which way, I’m sure it’ll be awesome!

7 Likes

I voted for Emily, in part because I like her style and think it would work well with Gamera, and in part because every host should get a turn with a kaiju. :hugs:

But yes, I think whoever gets it will make a great episode!

5 Likes

As long as we get a Dr. St. Phibes bit, I’m happy.

4 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :smiley:

A Gamera movie would be the perfect occasion for a Dr. Donna St. Phibes sketch (or series of sketches), wouldn’t it?

Plus, it would be something of a nifty change-up. If she shows up in the episode, it would be the first time that Dr. St. Phibes would lend insight into the kaiju world!

4 Likes

Once the Gamera vs. Guiron tribute ends, maybe we’ll get to watch a teaser trailer of Gamera vs. Jiger?

3 Likes

Are you saying Sid Haig isn’t a kaiju?

2 Likes

Why isn’t Helmutt Caruso an option?

4 Likes

He could pass for King Caesar with male pattern baldness.

But yes, he is a giant talent!

2 Likes