Games, movies, albums, and shows you're impatiently looking forward to and why?

For the longest time, wikipedia stated we were making a reboot of that movie. :laughing:

4 Likes

Nobody meets Die Hard…if both characters were Santa. To quote Moviefone guy, I’m in!

Santa Claus Christmas GIF by Regal

2 Likes

Lemme preface this by saying that I’m in that camp of people who firmly believe that Konami cannot do anything right anymore.

And, yet, yesterday’s Silent Hill Transmission got me excited. Look… it was clunky and felt forced; they’re going too “all-in” and don’t seem to understand what makes for a good announcement. Still, I’m interested.

They revealed four projects. Hidden in a summary to spare those who don't care.

Silent Hill Ascension can die in a fire.

Remaking Silent Hill 2 makes sense because people still have huge chubs for Pyramid Head, and remaking 3 (the strongest installment) requires a remake of the first one and that’s already happened (with miserable results).

The Silent Hill - Revelation movie was not the sequel anyone wanted, so a new movie with the first movie’s director is bold but could work. S’pose we’ll see.

And then there’s a teaser for Silent Hill ƒ. First half’s bland. Second half is brilliant. With nothing else to go off of, it could be just the thing to scoop in new fans or wind up a total failure. It’ll come down to whether it’s made with heart or relies on a hype train.

Not going to hold my breath (don’t you go doing that, either) but definitely going to be keeping up with the progress.

3 Likes

f and Townfall seem promising considering the devs involved.

1 Like

Hearing bad things about this but posibility of HBOMax having some interest if it gets shot down. Hard to sort through the rubbish I’m hearing about the B5 reboot.

2 Likes

Trying to patiently wait for the new COD game.

Which is a remake of Modern Warfare 2, so I’m hoping the maps are basicslly the same considering it was my first COD I played online.

Ironically this will be the first COD game that I’ve played since Black Ops 3 so it’s been a few years, but I’ve heard good things from people I know who got in on the beta weekend.

1 Like

I’m kind of surprised to be the first one to mention Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom considering that BotW has sold a zillion copies.

3 Likes

I really need to catch up on the Zelda series.

All my experience with the series is basically ancient now. Loved the first two for NES, especially the 1st. Thought the 3rd A Link To The Past for SNES was a classic as well. Then I played Ocarina Of Time.

Back when I had a game cube I’d only buy used games, and never came across a used Zelda game so never end up playing any of those, then I switched to Xbox when the 360 came out.

I have heard mostly positive things though. Be cool if they released all past games or a collection for Switch(don’t have one yet but it’s on my to get list in the next couple months).

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for a full length Elfquest movie (live action/ animated) for over 20 years !
Closest I think i got was a fan movie that actually was really good; but waay to short.

1 Like

There’s quite a bit of Zelda available on the Switch.

With Switch Online (+ Expansion Pass), you have :

• Zelda (NES)
  • Zelda 2 (NES)
  • A Link to the Past (SNES)
  • Ocarina of Time (N64)
  • Majora’s Mask (N64)

Then on cartridge there’s:

• Breath of the Wild
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (port of Wii U and 3DS games with all levels from both)
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  • The Skyward Sword HD (port of Wii game)
  • Link’s Awakening (remake of the original Gameboy game but with modern graphics)

What’s missing are :

• Any of the Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, or DS/3DS games (which were all available on the Wii U)
  • Windwaker (GCN / Wii U)
  • Twilight Princess (GCN / Wii / Wii U)

There were rumors that they were going to release a Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD dual cartridge (similar to the Super Mario 3D All Stars from a couple years ago), but it hasn’t appeared yet at least. And people also keep hoping the Gameboy through Advance will get added to Switch Online at some point.

2 Likes

But what about the CDI Zelda?

1 Like

I should check my big ol’ Zelda Encyclopedia and see if Nintendo even mentions them in the spin-offs section. I’m guessing they pretend they never did that deal with Philips after breaking the contract to make a CD-ROM add-on for the SNES.

Of course, not as bad for them as breaking the contract with Sony on the first CD-ROM add-on, aka the “Nintendo Play-Station”.

1 Like

I’d at least like a collection or remaster/remake of the Oracle games.

3 Likes

I mean, Sony was planning on ripping them off if they made the Nintendo PlayStation, so…

Also, I freely admit that most of my Zelda knowledge comes from one particular fanfiction and that it has colored my perception of every Zelda game.

1 Like

Only tricky thing with that is that the Oracle games were made by Capcom, so you have to get both companies to be willing and interested. I think Capcom could be; they’ve released collections of a lot of the MegaMan games which requires emulators for a variety of consoles. I don’t know if I’ve seen any GBC ports on the Switch yet though. (Wii U and 3DS stores had a bunch and it’s dead simple hardware, so it’s obviously possible.)

2 Likes

Nintendo got the Oracles games on the 3DS

2 Likes

Fun Fact: If you have a Wii U and a 3DS, it’s possible to play every mainline Zelda game made so far.

3 Likes

Oh sure, but it would be nice to get a collection re-release with archival stuff and extra features.

2 Likes

Or a remake in the style of the Switch Link’s Awakening would be nice.

2 Likes

Yup. I’ve got 'em. They’re on my to-play list. But so far they’ve not made a general way to sell GB/GBC/GBA/DS games on the Switch, unlike the Wii U. Some companies have made their own collections, but they’re on their own.

This will cease being true when TotK comes out though (2023-05-12). Which is just after the Wii U and 3DS eshop closes (2023-03-27). I’ve considered picking up the Advance and DS games while I still can, because all the games that aren’t available on the Switch sell for insane amounts used. e.g. Spirit Tracks (DS) goes for ~ $70 on eBay.

2 Likes