Gammera Goes 3D!

Okay, this is it: I’ve gotten my SpaceBrains3D process to the point where I feel it’s good enough to offer to the public at large!

First up: That MST3K perennial, the original Gamera, but this is an alternate, public domain version called, Gammera the Invincible. It’s also not the actual MST3K episode – no riffing. What I’ve done instead is taken the print, edited out all the annoying American-shot footage, and put the rest through SpaceBrains3D so you get to all the satisfying kaiju destruction sooner, and with a funky, retro-dimensional feel!

I’m offering the DVD’s in a signed, limited edition complete with anaglyph 3D glasses over on Etsy. No special equipment needed – just a DVD player, a TV, and your eyeballs. SPECIAL FOR MSTIES: Use the offer code SEEING3D and get 15% off! You can check it out here.

4 Likes

That’s rad!

3 Likes

OMG…Hubs would love this…his birthday is fast approaching!

3 Likes

Some people have commented that my Design for Dreaming 3D video from yesterday was too long to comfortably watch. So here’s another, much shorter clip, featuring MST3K’s beloved, really neat, packed with turtle meat, Friend to All Children.

Again: To watch, cross your eyes until the 3D image forms in-between.

Enjoy!

Gammera the Invincible in 3D

1 Like

What happens if you 3dify an already 3d movie?

1 Like

You invert the space-time continuum, and begin to perceive when places are and where time goes.

1 Like

“I received my GAMMERA 3D last night. Loved the 3D effects. One of my favorite films from when I was a kid. Thanks for such great work. Looking forward to seeing more 3D films from you.” - Larry B

I’m grinning from ear-to-ear!

Use promo code SEEING3D to get 15% off!

2 Likes

A review of GAMMERA 3D: THE GOODMAN CUT from a fellow MSTie!

“Rendering a 2D movie into 3D must be difficult. Rendering a 2D old black and white movie must be impossible. But here it is! Is it poke-stuff-in-your-face 3D? No, but it looks great! We love Gammera (Gammera is really neat!) and we will enjoy watching this whenever we want!” - J

Use promo code SEEING3D to get 15% off!

You should see if your 3D process would work with Carnival of Souls. It has some really interesting cinematography. A DVD was released with Mike doing solo riffing.

1 Like

Carnival of Souls is actually on the short-list for SpaceBrains3D!

1 Like

Nice! I’m not that into the Gammera one, but I would definitely lay down some money for Carnival of Souls! Repost in here when you have that one done.

Have you thought of also selling digital downloads? I would definitely prefer that if possible.

1 Like

There are a couple of issues with digital downloads, prime of which is logistics of hosting the files, etc. And then there’s the whole thing about economically getting the glasses to the buyer.

Did a test run on the finale of Carnival of Souls and it was looking quite good. I’ll take your interest into account.

1 Like