Gas Stations

The convenience store. Gas, Candy, Expensive Groceries. The stop away from home. Do you go in? Or is it just the gas? Lottery Tickets, Cigarettes, Newspapers. Is there one you liked? Mom and Pop, Self-Serve, Car Wash. Any stand out? Or dime a dozen?

2 Likes

Just the gas. Once got yelled at in Oregon because we didn’t know. Corner Gas was one of the first shows I watched regularly via illicit channels.

1 Like

We’re still not there yet.

If you live near one of the dots on this map, you know the best gas station chains for food.

I’m a Sheetz fan myself, but I will stop at Wawa if it is what’s available.

1 Like

You pose a great question. What gas station chains are best for what? Thanks EBK!!!

I kinda miss Allsup sometimes. Since I live in a state where full service costs the same as self, I don’t go inside. If I’m traveling, it’s usually Pilot/Flying J around here.

1 Like

QT has tasty donuts. Also, I’m amendable to enormous frozen beverages, wherever they might be found. Plus I can get gas at those places too, not that I use much anymore. I fill the tank like twice a year now, tops.

But donuts and frozen cokes? Those I get a lot. Maybe even too much…

1 Like

I miss saying that I was going to go walk over to the Bigfoot down the street to pick up something.

However, I can still say, “strange things are afoot at the Circle K.”

3 Likes

Stewart’s. Started out as a single ice cream place. Very good subs.
Screenshot_20240516-100052_Chrome

1 Like

Where are these?

Central/Eastern NY and VT

1 Like

Casey’s definitely the dominant option where I’m from. Their pizza is pretty good!

1 Like

They have a signature pizza?

1 Like

Their taco pizza option is very popular. I prefer the more straight-up pepperoni myself.

1 Like