Gather, Grimalt Warriors! This is the OPEN THREAD for the Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party: Viking Women & the Sea Serpent! (Tonight, 8/4, at 8pm EDT)

To help commemorate National Sea Serpent Day (on Aug. 7), your brave seafaring team of moderators are pleased to present the second OPEN THREAD for the Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party series, The Road Less Traveled!

This week’s road is over treacherous seas, actually, as we watch Viking Women & The Sea Serpent, from the fertile imagination of Roger Corman.

Standard operating procedure dictates a reminder that this is an UNCHAINED AND UNAUTHORIZED WATCHPARTY! If it gets too loud up in here, they’ll know. THEY’LL KNOW! And then … something, I guess.

As this is a classic MST3K episode, it should be available to everyone. You can either watch your own copy or stream the episode for free at the Gizmoplex:

You can also watch in the Virtual Theater at The Gizmoplex , but remember: if you’re watching tonight’s episode in the Virtual Theater, plan for the timing of the Door Sequence animation to run its course or advance through the animation and hit pause to get the episode ready before 8 PM EDT!

Sharpen your spear, put on your best home-ec apron, cook up a whole mess o’ waffles and join us at 8 PM EDT sharp. (But don’t worry, join in anytime by advancing to the current point, ie, tune in at 8:26EDT, advance to 26 minutes.)

7 Likes

Pancakes Waffles are at the ready as we speak for tonight’s Watch Party!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5 Likes

From the Let’s-Try-Not-to-Kill-the-Actors-Please Department:

(courtesy of IMDB):

4 Likes

“Uh… oops.” - Roger Corman, probably

8 Likes

Not having waffles for dinner…I am having sushi however. Does that pass muster under the Seafaring Foodstuffs Clause™?

5 Likes

Depends. Anything that passes for sea serpent? Some eel, maybe?

7 Likes

WAFFLES!

5 Likes

startreknod

6 Likes

12 Likes

That type of artistry and workmanship would blow a Corman movie budget.

9 Likes

WOOHOO! Back in action with a MST3K Watch Party!

This is a fun episode along with one of my favorite shorts! Should be a fun evening!

Let’s do this!

6 Likes

Oh, my absolute favorite roll does have eel in it, but it’s super expensive, so I have to save it for special occasions.

4 Likes

Thought I would miss this one because of work. But last minute schedule change saved the day.

Now if only my friends will forget about game night.

6 Likes

Glad we’ve got this rockin’ and rollin’ for ya - cheers, aye! :smiley:

2 Likes

You could always get them to join us! [evil grin]

mst3k join us

7 Likes

This has one of my favorite shorts… Yippey!

5 Likes

He’d need to reuse the shot into at least four different movies to break even.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t put it past him to do that, because… [gestures at all the Corman]

4 Likes

Since it’s a Viking movie wouldn’t ebelskivers be more appropriate?

10 Likes

Legit reply!

And severely tasty looking, too.

5 Likes