General All-Purpose Doctor Who Thread

It would be awesome and I hope they can get it sorted at some point. If anyone can afford to cause it to be sorted, it’s Disney.

Currently, yes, things are scattered. But I swear that in - I’m going to say the Matt Smith era - everything was in one place until Britbox took Classic.

1 Like

I remember Prime had a whole lot of stuff, but I don’t know if it was everything available. Of course I can’t remember for certain, but I feel strongly that if it was essentially all the episodes I would not have gone chasing down DVDs and multi-region players at the time. But it could have been some other service with everything. Basically without our own TARDIS we can’t verify. Also it doesn’t really matter now on account of not having that time machine. We are stuck in linear time.

1 Like

And now I’m seeing both Tennant’s Doctor and Smith’s lamenting how slow time flows when it all in the same order. LOL!

1 Like

[starts taking notes]

Oh.

Yup, I’m out.

3 Likes

This is about BBC iPlayer, where all three eras and spin-offs are streaming. American audiences are split between Britbox/Tubi, Max, and Disney+, with Unleashed, Confidential, Tales of the TARDIS, the 1996 movie, and Class unavailable in the manner iPlayer provides

1 Like

If you don’t feel like paying for BritBox, I believe the Classic era is available on Tubi.

1 Like

Dailymotion used to have a ton of classic Doctor Who on it. I’m guessing it still does. Not legally, obviously, but you’re also not pirating anything by watching a video someone else uploaded without permission.

Tom Baker and Sophie Aldred from a 1990 Maryland PBS pledge drive.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I watched the Christmas special that way, so it can be done. Not sure if I’m going to keep doing that for the actual season later this year. Certainly not subscribing to Disney+, though.

(eta, or really etr: I see Tubi was already mentioned)

I was able to watch the Tales of the TARDIS with the surviving pre-2005 companions that way (since there are zero plans to release those to the rest of the world. Grr.) I didn’t try to watch the whole episodes since those aren’t new, just the opening and closing scenes. And I managed the first two episodes of The Moonbase before I was blocked. Haven’t tried in a month or so, so I might be able to watch a little more.

I remembered that I made this at a class four years ago. I replaced the snowman we were supposed to be drawing with something more interesting. And destructive.

10 Likes

Very cool! Was it a graded class? If so, how did you do?

2 Likes

Thanks! It was just an evening charcoal drawing event done as a fundraiser. So, no grade. But the instructor took a picture of it, so I think I did okay. :blush:

2 Likes

My wife once went to one of those ‘we tell you how to paint the picture and then you paint it’ thingies and my wife, who has no experience painting, but is very good at doing intricate and careful craft work, impressed the instructor so much that the instructor gave her one of her own paintings!

1 Like

Speaking of Dalek artwork, yes he did draw all of this…

6 Likes

My mother attended one of those classes and didn’t especially like the painting they were supposed to do so she made it all creepy scary with dark skies and bats.

Weird to think my Boomer generation mother is really a goth, but here we are.

4 Likes

My mother is not a goth, but she does write incredibly dark novels and short stories and apparently back in the 50s, as a young adult, she wore all black clothes and black lipstick.

3 Likes

Haven’t posted photos of some of my more recent 3D printed figures.

Here’s a Mandrel from the 4th Doctor episode Nightmare of Eden. He has a LED brick hidden in his head so that pressing a button will make his eyes glow green.

Here’s a Mire Beast from the 1st Doctor episode The Chase, chilling on top of the Dalek Time Machine from the same episode.

And the latest figure being printed right now is the Yeti Mk II from the 2nd Doctor episode Web of Fear. Like the Mandrel, this one also has a LED in the head that will make the eyes light up at the press of a button.

6 Likes

Just finished Wild Blue Yonder.

(Ducks and runs from all the spoilers.)

2 Likes

We’ll happily welcome you back when you are ready.

2 Likes