Ghostbusters

Thought I’d mention Max has a new side job.

1 Like

I know a lot of people liked Ghostbusters: Afterlife, but I was seriously underwhelmed. I doubt I’ll be seeing it, despite Patton, who is always fun.

2 Likes

I liked it? I went in expecting nothing, and was pleasantly surprised by it managing to not suck and blow at the same time.

But, it did feel like an end.

I don’t think it needs a sequel. Or another reboot.

But, I’m weird.

Shrug.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it was a bad movie. It was competently done. But I wouldn’t even put it near the original or even the lackluster sequel.

1 Like

:point_up:t4: This.

I thought it was well done, but I’m not sure I’ve given it 30 seconds thought since I walked out of the theater.

1 Like

I watched Afterlife expecting very little, and I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. Maybe I’m a sucker for busting ghosts, but I’m guessing I’ll watch another.

1 Like

Well, at least we still have the Synthias around to be Kinga’s “helpers,” unless they start getting a bunch of movie deals, too. :sweat:

I enjoyed Afterlife.

I’d order them as

Ghostbusters (simply comedy perfection)

Afterlife (yes it’s a nostalgia tour and that ending … sniff)

Ghostbusters II (which I don’t think I’ve actually watched in decades)

The Ghostbusters 2016 remake

If you watched the after-credits sequences for Afterlife, the door was left wide open for a sequel. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do next.

1 Like

I’ll go ahead and say it then. It was a bad movie - gave it 2 out of 5 stars.

Honestly, I only enjoyed the first one, the rest were blech.

1 Like

Say what you will about him but at least he don’t steal from Huey Lewis.

Running Man Dancing GIF

I like all the Ghostbusters movies. (Even THAT one.) I liked Afterlife a lot and will be looking forward to the new one.

Mckenna Grace was the best thing in Afterlife. Stole every scene.

I actually enjoyed the 2016 Ghostbusters movie for what it was. If they hadn’t tied it into Ghostbusters (not quite sure how they would have done that), I think people would have thought better of it.

It didn’t feel like a Ghostbusters movie, but neither did Afterlife.

I feel like the 2016 one got the humor right(ish) but lost the heart, and Afterlife got the heart right, but went way too light on the humor. If I could smoosh them together somehow, it would be a really good Ghostbusters movie.

3 Likes

I like Ghostbusters II unironically.

3 Likes

I also enjoyed Ghostbusters II. It isn’t as good as the first, but I still thought it was a good movie.

2 Likes

Oh, I adore Ghostbusters 2. I was completely obsessed with the movie when I was 12 with the intensity that only a 12-year-old can be obsessed and I’ve carried most of that energy with me to this day.

2 Likes

Come look at my thread resuscy

1 Like

This hurts me.

Did anybody read the text before this video went out?

1 Like

Maybe I’m extra stupid, but what is wrong with this?