Give 'em a cheer while they're still here!

And he’s about to direct his first movie in 20 years!

1 Like

Carol Burnett turns 91 today!

16 Likes

She did a really good interview on Conan O’Brien’s podcast earlier this month.

1 Like

ShallockArt

Normally I wouldn’t cheer a Yankee, but this is a nice story. So, a shout-out to major league baseball’s oldest living player, Art Schallock. Happy 100th Art.

5 Likes

Posted on the Library of Congress IG account

How?

7 Likes

I’m not saying there’s a connection, mind you… but Tommy Chong is 85.

6 Likes

From the 80’s thread (although his stuff started prior to that)

Let’s celebrate Don Bluth!

Who helped with such treasures as Secret of N.I.H.M, Robin Hood, Escape to Witch Mountain, Pete’s Dragon and many more…he’s 86! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

I don’t know who else thinks so, but I think Titan A.E. is an incredibly underrated film and I am sad it flopped because he had a sequel in the works.

Let’s not forget his work in ridiculously expensive arcade games!

tumblr_bab6fbcbd6ead3d5db360e99f27115f1_e52b4585_500

5 Likes

He is supposedly working on a Dragon’s Lair film at the moment, but I’m not optimistic about it ever being released because it’s been a Thief and the Cobbler type of project.

3 Likes

Anastasia is another of my favorites.

Bluth, Brad Bird and Studio Ghibli have really kept 2D animation alive in the post-Golden Age.

5 Likes

I saw An American Tail in theaters when I was 4. I remember being moved, or as moved as a 4-year-old can be. Also, to this day, “Somewhere Out There” gives me chills (in a good way).

5 Likes

A couple of friends and I went to see The Land Before Time, and there was some point where Littlefoot thinks he sees his mother’s shadow (I think), and my friend very loudly says, “is that his mother?!?” without realizing he said it out loud. It became a running joke with the three of us

2 Likes

Last week, the $42,207,027.03 Man[1] celebrated his 85th birthday!

1. adjusted for inflation ↩︎

10 Likes

Reminds me of one of my favorite Letterman videos https://youtu.be/Oa1x9GwIK6c?feature=shared

Doesn’t look like Lee Majors got a piece of the movie

1 Like

No love for The Big Valley?

2 Likes

Financially? Probably not. But stick around for the credits…

Back in 2016 I was delighted to see Majors in a recurring role in the Starz TV series Ash vs. Evil Dead. According to IMDB he’s still acting.

2 Likes

That show was so good. I’m glad it got a proper ending too.

2 Likes

He also voiced patriarch Jeff Tracy in the series finale of Thunderbirds Are Go a few years ago.

1 Like