Give 'em a cheer while they're still here!

And June Lockhart is still Lost in Space at 97.

7 Likes

Don’t ever die, Dick.

8 Likes

Old Man Periwinkle said, “I may be old fashioned, but instead of a cheer, I’d rather give 'em a (blank)”.

You must match one of our remaining players, either Fannie Flagg (78 ) or Joyce Bulifant (85), to win the game.

3 Likes

Yoko Ono, 90 today and still going strong.

5 Likes

I’m sure we can focus on the non-political here. Former President Jimmy Carter is entering hospice:

Whether you agree with his policies or not, the man worked tirelessly his entire life for the less fortunate. Not just behind a desk either, but getting his hands dirty building low income housing. And his marriage of nearly 77 years is an absolute model. Godspeed Jimmy Carter.

17 Likes

“Chances Are” you didn’t know that Johnny Mathis is 87. And he’s still out there singing.

Here’s a lovely old standard he recorded for an album 13 years ago. Is it “Wonderful! Wonderful!”? “It’s Not For Me To Say”.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this violates the ‘no politics’ policy, but it was announced that Jimmy Carter is going into hospice care. So that’s why I want to give him a cheer while I still can.

I met him once at a book signing. When I told him I’d voted for him twice, he joked, ‘I hope not in the same election!’

A man of humor, grace and humanity.

14 Likes

Hulu announced their March lineup, celebrating their 15th anniversary and one of the movies/series(?) they’ll be showing is from India, titled Gulmohar. I see one of the stars is Sharmila Tagore, who was so great in Satyajit Ray films, Apur Sansar (The World of Apu) and Devi, among others.

She’s 77

3 Likes

Johnny Mathis! All right! Get my gun!

Guess who’s 94! That’s right it’s Eaaaarrrrl Holliman!

5 Likes

We just missed it folks. MST3K favorite Jim Stafford celebrated his 79th birthday only last month.

Incidentally, his former wife, the amazing Bobbie Gentry, is now 80. She recorded only 7 albums and has not made a public appearance in over 40 years, but she is a legend in my estimation.

2 Likes

Brett Halsey, aka Big Stupid, is still drifting at 89.

5 Likes

Jazz singer and human treasure Sheila Jordan is 94.

Here’s a track from here debut album which came out in '62.

I like her take on one of my favorite tunes.

I’ve always found this version of this old standard to be breathtakingly beautiful.

Ms. Jordan was awarded the NEA Jazz Masters Award back in 2012. She has kept on performing in recent years, though I’m not sure if she still does. Here is a full set of her and her trio from a gig in 2017.

3 Likes

Every year I remember John Carpenter is still around and it’s great.

4 Likes

I saw an entertainment news article this week which informed me that Barbara Eden is still with us at age 91. Looking fabulous to boot!

8 Likes

Chancing upon Munchie right now on the MST Pluto channel roused my curiosity enough to go discover that —

Loni Anderson was born in St. Paul and grew up in Roseville, Minnesota! I never would have imagined that she was one of us simple Midwestern folk.

Interesting to learn: her father was originally going to name her Leiloni, but realized that when she got to her teen years, it was likely to be twisted into “Lay Loni”—so it was changed to simply Loni.

So lift your pizza tonight in honor of Gage’s mom, still a glamorous gal at 77.

6 Likes

I just learned that Al Jaffee of MAD Magazine is still with us, and turned 102 years old today.

Happy birthday Al!!!

14 Likes

Don’t forget the lovely and talented Sir Ian McKellen!

The Lord Of The Rings Dancing GIF

8 Likes

Caren Marsh-Doll, Judy Garland’s stand-in in The Wizard of Oz, is still going at age 103.

8 Likes

Wow! Good for her! She’s some one I never even knew existed before this very moment. Do you know was she Miss Garland’s stand-in for any of her other MGM movies too?

4 Likes

Also in Ziegfeld Girl.

3 Likes