Gizmoplex 12 months later

After looking at the services offered, I have a feeling I would like to keep subscribing to the Gizmoplex after my 12 months are up. I am wondering what the plans are for continuing the service. Will it be a lump subscription rate? Personally I would like the option to have one single payment. Something on par with other subscription services is what I always imagined.

I really like the idea of the Gizmoplex, but when it comes to anything beyond the Kickstarter, I don’t really know what to expect.

6 Likes

I’d imagine that will probably happen.

3 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think they’ve given this any thought. They are just wrapping up filming the season and building the virtual theater. There were some rumbling during the kickstarter of how to fund the show into the future, but nothing is confirmed yet.

3 Likes

I’ve always hoped they will use it as an opportunity to show content beyond MST3K. Like that guy from the livestreams who had those magician robots. I imagine he could do a fun show. Anything really.

6 Likes

I mean podcasts do it so I’d assume they can. And I’m sure most international fans will want that option.

2 Likes

We don’t know what any of the special events will be after the first one. That may be a way to incorporate things like this

4 Likes

Sure they can. My point was more they just got done with a marathon session of filming, app design, and website build out. Give 'em a few days to breathe. :smiley:

5 Likes

Not that they have a platform to host their content, and a way for people to buy and view it all in one app they willore than likely make a good profit since they aren’t reliant on other platforms who would take a big pay cut.

They could have a subscription service where you have access to all content if you have an active monthly subscription. And even use the platform to accept donations or “tips” to the bots.

The beauty of cutting ties with major corporations is that they can take it wherever they want it really.

2 Likes

I think that they built the Gizmoplex so they can keep doing this as long as people keep subscribing in enough numbers to make it feasible to keep it up. I don’t know if they’ll do another full Kickstarter, but I can imagine a membership drive like public television (Public Pearl!) to entice folks to re-up for a full year so they know what is in the bank so they can pursue another year of shows.

4 Likes

I’m hoping they use the model to bring back some classic “features” of the show. Like use the digital platform to revive fanmail, and incorporate that back into the episodes.

4 Likes

I want reruns of Dr. Jane Seymour, Medicine Quinn!

2 Likes

My main question wasn’t really asking them to come up with answers, but more me wanting to know if I misunderstand anything. Even just hearing someone say “It’s an ongoing conversation,” is helpful.

4 Likes

For sure!

1 Like

I’d love stuff along those lines, for sure!

4 Likes

There is a “manage subscription” option in the desktop version of the Gizmoplex. I believe a subscription service is part of the benefit of having your own platform, it would be hard for me to imagine them taking this route and not doing that.

In fact, I’d say that was a part of the initial conversations.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll put up some episodes of The Nature of Bobo!

3 Likes

MST3K NIGHTS

[cues up sleazy saxophone version of the theme song]

6 Likes

I searched through all the MST episodes available for purchase through the app, and all the way at the bottom, past all the episodes, are all the options for the Gizmoplex passes. There’s 3/6/12 months, plus some episode and shorts bundles. So if you want to extend your subscription, it looks like you’ll be able to do it there (or presumably on a browser, for Roku/Fire TV users.)

2 Likes

Oh, we’ve given it a ton of thought!

You can find our earliest thoughts about it from last May, or just see the relevant excerpt.

You’re right that we haven’t confirmed anything yet, but we’ve been thinking about it non-stop – because if we want to roll into Season 14 next year, we’ll need to have a clear plan for how that would happen by the middle of this year!

18 Likes

There’ll actually be a different – and much less expensive – solution for this by the time the first passes start to expire. :slight_smile:

14 Likes