Gizmoplex advertising works!

When it was announced Joey Drew Studios was one of the founding sponsors for the Gizmoplex, I was only vaguely aware of Bendy or any of their output. Fast forward a few days later and I am now ink deep in “Bendy and the Ink Machine.” Has anyone else played this? It’s a riot! It’s like Spooky’s House of Jump Scares mixed with Bioshock’s narrative devices. Such a creative and fun game! I absolutely love it. Highly recommended by me, a stranger on the internet.

13 Likes

Gizmoplex advertising is a clever idea. You get publicity from the MST3K gang plugging your products or services followed by traffic and sales!

I wonder how one gets in on this.

7 Likes

If you’re a founding sponsor, tell folks.

2 Likes

Paying money to get your content featured during a show so that people in the audience who might be interested in your stuff but might otherwise not have heard of it can learn about it and maybe go buy it… I think they just might be on to something there.

8 Likes

Stop trying to make “advertising” happen.

8 Likes

This advertising thing will never catch on.

7 Likes

I am also planning to get Bendy because of this sponsorship.

5 Likes

Well, I just started reading through the B-movie themed They Came From Beneath the Sea (as advertised on MST3K!), so it’s clearly having some effect.

6 Likes

“Are you a founding sponsor? 'cause you have to tell me if you’re a founding sponsor.”

6 Likes

That’s just a rumor founding sponsors started, because they know that legally they can deny being founding sponsors!

5 Likes

I played Bendy once so many years back. It was scary.

4 Likes

Hahaha I was looking at it yesterday. I think it’s going on my need to buy list

4 Likes

It looks pretty good so far. Since you’re basically playing in an old B-movie, there’s a power to replace your character with a stunt double, and the Everyman type has a “Don’t Get Paid Enough for This” power to instantly leave a scene. It all feels right for that sort of game, and a good match for MST3K.

4 Likes

Now if only I could get some bots and a jumpsuited everyman to riff our games :rofl:

3 Likes

“I wanna be Cameron Mitchell!”
“No fair! You don’t even have to stand up!”

1 Like

“OK, well, I’m gonna be Rory Calhoun, cowboy!”
“But it’s a sword and sorcery movie!”
“Fine. I’ll be David Carradine.”
:eyes:

1 Like

I’m getting some Onyx Path RPGs come payday.

1 Like