GIZMOPLEX Black Friday Sale and Questions About 2023

If we have season 13’s season pass, will we need a new season pass for live streams or potential new content in 2023?

1 Like

If it’s beyond the current season pass slate of content, and outside the date the season pass runs- the simplest explanation is that it has expired, you keep the content from that time, but would obviously need a new pass for dates beyond what have already been purchased.

1 Like

A season 13 pass will get you in for all the new content planned through the end of February 2023 (as well as all the content we already released in 2022). Any subsequent new content in 2023 would likely be part of a new pass, but we are not sure how that will look just yet.

8 Likes

Thanks again, Lesley!

5 Likes

Maybe it will look like this:

9 Likes

I believe that the promise was that classic MST content from Season 1-10 was available for free only until the end of 2022 and it wasn’t tied to any of the Season 13 full or partial season plans. I may be mistaken or this may have changed, but that is my recollection.

1 Like

You go sit in the corner RIGHT NOW.

7 Likes

Correct. Classic episodes are available to stream for free to EVERYONE for the time being, member or no.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Mostly. Of course the devil is always in the details when it comes to subscription services. My hope though is that it works something like this…

• Person X buys a “season pass” for a year…
  • The Season Pass gives access to all the new content that will be upcoming through the year in question…
  • A currently valid Season Pass will also give access to “old” content for the channel (which in this case would be Seasons 1-12) .
  • A person would always have access to the content for a season they purchased even if their subscription ends (I.E. If Person X bought the pass for Season 13 then they could always come to the channel to view the season 13 content whether they had a current pass or not).
1 Like

I don’t think the classic episodes are part of the season pass. I think just having an account at the Gizmoplex gives you those.

And I don’t have access to Season 12 with my pass. I only have Season 11 because I Kickstartled it.

4 Likes

Yeah the NetFilx seasons are a whole other kettle of fish.

4 Likes

So to clarify:

Available for free to stream for anyone: all available episodes Seasons 1-10
Only available by purchase or through NetFlix: Seasons 11-12
Available on Season Pass: All content from Season 13 - 13 episodes, 12 shorts, numerous live premiere streams including after shows, special events (tribute shows, often with special guests), Vault Picks (available only during a particular calendar month, not retroactive).

Not tied to a calendar year - a member pass is only for the contents of a particular season, not for past seasons or future seasons.

3 Likes

and that is a relief. Just thought about that when I gave blood (yes, I did, because they were bugging me since they didn’t know I gave blood during Comic-Con).

1 Like

2024 is a leap year! Your simulation is flawed!

2 Likes

I don’t even know how to feel about the next year of 'plex membership (The cool kids are calling it 'plex now. You should too!) until we get an announcement of what might be contained therein. Hopefully soon. Tomorrow would be cool.

1 Like

Lesley mentioned upthread that there are no big announcements planned for tomorrow.

4 Likes

Aww.

2 Likes

I hate to admit that I’m a little deflated hearing that there won’t be any announcements on Turkey Day. But, that’s on me, not y’all. I’m looking forward to Turkey Day no matter what, just like always. :+1:

But with so many episodes, and so many potential Turkey Day segments between them all…

Will there be hints? :thinking:

Can you drop any hints here… about there being hints tomorrow?

:wink:

You’re going to make me sit in the corner with Chris, aren’t you?

3 Likes

GET YOUR OWN CORNER!

6 Likes