Gizmoplex Black Screen

Hello everyone,

I seem to have a problem loading the Gizmoplex login screen. Attempting to load the login results in a completely black screen. Sorry if there is already a report of this, I don’t use discord much.

I’m using Firefox.

1 Like

What’s the exact url you’re visiting?

I’ve just logged in with mobile Chrome and it worked in incognito mode.

First troubleshooting step is going to be clearing cache and cookies, or alternately try a private browser.

1 Like

Some places pretend to be empty if the browser window is the wrong shape or too small.

2 Likes

I don’t keep cache or cookies.

URL: The Gizmoplex

1 Like

Tried changing the size of the browser to no avail :weary:

1 Like

Also, private did not work. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Some websites refuse to be websites if they detect that you aren’t letting them store google’s invasive tracking robots in your eyeballs. Same result if you are blocking cookies or using an ad blocker. They don’t always tell you that that is what they are doing. Even websites that seem trustworthy are enabling google to track you. Maybe the gizzy-p is the same way. Even if a website doesn’t have ads, it can still have google tracking stuff running in secret for no reason anyone but google understands.

1 Like

So you are accusing Google of hacking sites and injecting code into their pages?
Because that isn’t what happens. Site owners put Google tracking code on their pages so that they can track how their own ads are doing, track how individual pages compare to other pages on their site, and make sure their pages are browser friendly. It isn’t a giant conspiracy.

1 Like

I run three different ad-blockers/anti-trackers, and a VPN. I can log into the Gizmoplex theater site just fine, so there’s no Google conspiracy happening here.

@Sargog, are you using a mobile version of the browser or a computer? Is Firefox up to date? Have you tried loading the site in a different browser? Is the issue still happening this morning?

2 Likes

Seems to be related to Firefox’s private browsing mode (“New Private Window”). Mine also shows only a black screen instead of a login screen when I use that feature (on both Mac & Windows).

There might be something that could be tweaked on the Gizmoplex end to allow that, in the fullness of time, but I don’t know for sure. (It seems that you are basically saying to the Web site, “I don’t want you to know who I am,”, and it’s dutifully responding with, “OK, I won’t ask.”) But it does appear to work well with the normal browsing window and Firefox’s privacy mode (tracking protection) set to strict.

1 Like

On my Mac, I can access the Gizmoplex in private browsing mode including the login page. So that may not be the cause. However, it’s possible that you’d see different behavior on another OS.

2 Likes

Computer.
Firefox is up to date.
Haven’t tried a different browser yet, as it was working for me fine until sometime in December. It’s been down at least since the day the Christmas episode aired as we had to watch it on Gizmoplex.com instead. It’s still not working today.

1 Like

Hmm interesting. We’re not using a private browser normally either though. (We tried it for troubleshooting with no success.) At least you were able to replicate it to some extent though.

1 Like

Yeah, I was wondering if it’s because we’re using Linux (Pop!_OS), but that’s all we’ve been using since the Gizmoplex launched with no issues.

1 Like

Did Firefox do one of its famous updates right around the time it stopped working?

1 Like

No it didn’t.

1 Like