Gizmoplex Confusion

Okay, I’m sure all this information is scattered about elsewhere, but I’ve searched for awhile and have yet to see something clear, so maybe you guys can help me. Sorry for being a bit slow here, but…

1. I was a backer of the Kickstarter. One of my rewards is a 3-month Gizmoplex pass. Does that kick in automatically when they launch in March? Or do I need to register for it now? When I searched for the Gizmoplex I saw messages indicating I have until the end of tomorrow to buy a year pass or I’ll have to wait until May to see the new episodes, but that may be the generic message for everyone and not taking into account that I am a backer.

2. Does anyone know if they are releasing all 13 new episodes at once or on a week by week schedule? This would influence when, if I have the choice, I start my three month pass.

3. Any other information you know that would be helpful? Is there somewhere that lays out this process in a clear manner? Thanks!

2 Likes

The gizmoplex isn’t open yet so there’s no need to register or even worry about it, yet.

The answer to 2 is it’s going to be month to month. Some months will have more than one premiere.

2 Likes

I guess with the first, I’ve seen people already previewing the app, downloading it, etc., and I can’t figure out how to do that.

With the second you’re saying it might be as long as a year before everything is out?

1 Like

I downloaded from the apple store

1 Like

There is an app but it’s basically the VHX site that had download codes. The actual Gizmoplex is in beta testing right now.

Yeah, everything should be released by December.

1 Like

I find nothing when I search the Apple Store both on a phone and laptop. I do have some episodes I got from the campaign on VHX. But hopefully it will become clearer soon. Thanks!

1 Like

[quote=“Rowzdower, post:1, topic:20367”]
I was a backer of the Kickstarter. One of my rewards is a 3-month Gizmoplex pass. Does that kick in automatically when they launch in March? Or do I need to register for it now? When I searched for the Gizmoplex I saw messages indicating I have until the end of tomorrow to buy a year pass or I’ll have to wait until May to see the new episodes, but that may be the generic message for everyone and not taking into account that I am a backer.[/quote]

Your 3 month sub begins in March, so unless you upgrade to the 12 month subscription, you will no longer be able to access first release content in the Gizmoplex after the May content drops. I’m not sure how things are working for those who do not buy the PlexPass subscription if they are able to watch content for a “rental” fee after a certain amount of time or what.

[quote=“Rowzdower, post:1, topic:20367”]

• Does anyone know if they are releasing all 13 new episodes at once or on a week by week schedule? This would influence when, if I have the choice, I start my three month pass.[/quote]

There is a plan for a movie, a short, and some sort of live event each month. Also, we are assuming the first few months (but it might be more scattered than that) might double the movies released as there is a specific film for Hallowe’en (The Mask) and then a special episode with Joel, Jonah, and Emily for Christmas. So these will not drop all at once to be binged within your 3-month timeframe.

A lot of things are still in the final stages of planning. There is an app available for various devices that is a sort of placeholder for the Gizmoplex wrapper that will go around a VHX backend. If you have episodes you’ve purchased through either of the Kickstarters, those will always be available to you regardless of your subscription status. The subscription is mainly to have access to live events (movie/short premieres and suchlike).

Does that help?

(and no I don’t know why the quote boxes didn’t work. :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Search for ‘Mystery Science Theater’, not ‘Gizmoplex’ to find the app on Roku or Apple devices. That tripped me up at first.

7 Likes

I don’t watch anything on my phone. I still have a humble Mac laptop for the moving pictures, so I hope I’ll be able to do Gizmoplex things that way.

4 Likes

The Gizmoplex web site will have the coolest features, so you should be good.

3 Likes

Yes, the Gizmoplex itself will be a web page.

3 Likes