Gizmoplex "Hallowe'en" Update - v 0.9.24

Oh hey, it’s a special Spooky Season update to the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater!

This round of updates includes at least one major feature we know you’ve been waiting for: the ability to DOWNLOAD YOUR VIDEOS direct from the Virtual Theater, giving you one less reason to visit gizmoplex.com.

Max has also done some decorating.

Anyway, here are the new release notes:

UPDATES: GENERAL

• What a treat! Max got his hands on the Moon 1 credit card and tricked out the Gizmoplex for Halloween. Take a look around… if you dare!

• The Gizmoplex now features ambient audio, at least when you’re outside on the surface of the moon… and with it, a new control switch to turn sound effects on/off. More sound effects to follow. Unless you hate them.

UPDATES: VIDEO FRIDGE

• The Video Fridge now lets you DOWNLOAD YOUR VIDEOS!
    If you have download access to a video, you can now download it from the Virtual Theater without jumping over to the gizmoplex.com website… and if you don’t have download access, the Video Fridge will explain why.

• If you have download access to a video, you can also download the subtitle (.srt) file to go with it. (Just keep it in the same folder as the video download, and it should allow you to turn subtitles on and off.)

• The Video Fridge now lets you adjust filters and search terms without requiring a reload each time. By our calculations, this makes it 387.4% more useful.

• Not seeing some of your videos? Clicking the magnifying glass “SEARCH” button will force a refresh / reload of your video collection.

• If you RENT videos, you’ll now see a helpful clock icon over their Kingachrome canister in the fridge, and on the right side of their information panel, along with a timer reminding you when the rental expires.

• The Video Fridge information panel now includes a small CC logo badge if closed captions are available.

• Some minor sorting issues for SHORT RIFFS have been fixed.

UPDATES: SCREENING BUNKER

• The Screening Bunkers now include a helpful easel, which displays the artwork for your current selection.

• When viewing older 4:3 episodes, the curtains will remain partially closed to eliminate the sidebars. (That’s right… the theater knows what you’re watching.)

UPDATES: KINGADOME LOBBY

• The usher’s speech module has been upgraded. His messages now appear as he speaks, instead of just appearing all at once. If he’s taking too long, just click his message to make him get to the point.

• When you speak with the usher, response buttons will now appear outside of his dialogue panel. Because you’re the one making choices, not him!

MISCELLANEOUS UPDATES & FIXES

• You can now play videos in full-screen mode in Safari. The glitch is gone!

• Added some tools so we can help you troubleshoot when you experience problems.

• The current Gizmoplex version number is now visible before you sign in.

• The screen in the Kingadome was drooping a little, but GPC got it fixed.

26 Likes

Looks fantastic, Ivan!

6 Likes

Everything looks amazing and well decorated! Great job!

Really liking how much more animated Crow is in the lobby!

4 Likes

Love the graves of all the times TV’s Frank died

11 Likes

Thumbs up for the ambient sound. I love all the little details that make the theater feel alive.

Excellent feature, that was the top of my wish list, thank you so much!

Seconded, great gag. Episode numbers and method of death and everything.

7 Likes

I haven’t seen it mentioned in this topic yet, but if you haven’t been to the Gizmoplex lately, I recommend going to check it out.

8 Likes

I was just in there and be careful… Hobgoblins are in the Dome…

3 Likes

Holy crep it’s all spooky.

2 Likes

Nicely done! Every floor has something different too.

Now it’s a Spookyplex!
:jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

I really like the headstones in the backer atrium

2 Likes

goes to the Backer Atrium
Alright. Who didn’t dust this room properly?

2 Likes

Listen, it’s not called the “Duster Atrium”.

1 Like

Love the projector in the Video store!

And the Screening Floor! Nice hide on that one!

And how many people have clicked on the ghosts, bats and such to see if they do anything??
(raises hand)

5 Likes

beautiful

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Halloween

Terrific work all the way around. My compliments to everyone involved!

5 Likes

I know it’s a small thing- but I really wish the facade of the Kingadome was more fully visible when you first click to zoom in. I don’t need a full screen of the moonscape beneath the entrance.

Other than that, the theater looks AMAZING

2 Likes

Just because I’m a super nitpicky person, and have a particular interest in this specific feature…

It’s still doing reloads for me. The change seems to be that there is a reload animation now (blurry and jiggly), and it does seem to be loading at least twice as fast as before (though I don’t have numbers). Is that what’s actually going on? Or should it not be retrieving new JSON with each filter change?

3 Likes

Will have to check with our developer to get more specifics… but previously, while the search was running, the filters and search field were locked and couldn’t be adjusted further until the update was finished.

Now, they remain available, and will adjust the search as soon as they’re modified.

6 Likes

Ah okay, I misinterpreted the update. I read it as “reloads no longer needed for filters” but it’s “you can fiddle with filters without waiting.”

1 Like