GIZMOPLEX Integration?

Eventually, when the GIZMOPLEX launches, will this be integrated into it as its forums, or will that be separate?

8 Likes

I had the exact same question. I wouldn’t mind this just being in the lobby of the ‘Plex app.

3 Likes

@Lesley @Ivan Hey guys, any chance you may know if this is planned (assuming this all works out and gets beyond beta?

2 Likes

It’s a good question! The answer is: We don’t quite know yet. We know our goal is to integrate social interaction into the Gizmoplex, but we aren’t sure whether that means forums, or something more real-time, like live chat. But we’ll share our thoughts as we start to work through that issue, and we’d love feedback when we get there. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

For my 2 cents, I’d appreciate both… live chat in the theaters to interact with the other MSTies and forums for the more “long form” conversations.

For the record, we were discussing in “What system are we using? Is it important?” the merits of integrating the forums into the same GIZMOPLEX app, rather than a second one or using a browser (at that point).

5 Likes

I’d really like to see this stick around. (Fingers crossed). Getting in early for neat things is neat. But mainly it’s because…

looking mystery science theater 3000 GIF

10 Likes

I agree with Mike as the Dr. “Screw you, Outside.”

4 Likes

Discord is a good platform for live chat. I have heard good things about Slack, too

2 Likes

Live chat is nearly required I think, but forums as well would be great!

3 Likes

Totally agree it would be good to integrate this with the Gizmoplex. My “ideal” scenario is that I’m only using one app for my MST social needs. If they’re not entwined I’ll probably just commit to one or the other.

2 Likes

I’d say there’s purpose to both. Live chat is good for theater events, when we’re all watching together. Forums are good for longer-term discussions, games, questions and trivia, and connecting with people in different time zones.

2 Likes

Detouring off topic for just a few seconds (I’ll come right back, I swear), I love turn-based strategy video games (Warlords III: Reign of Heroes, anyone?). I hate real-time strategy video games.

I think this helps explain why I love forums but hate live chat. With chat, there is so much going on at once, and it is distracting and stressful (for me) to meaningfully participate. But, I feel right at home with a nice forum. Less distraction, less motion, and I can see it all at my leisure and contribute thoughtfully.

2 Likes

I’m really curious to see what kind of progress has been made on the gizmoplex apps.

Forums are fantastic for those lazy late night chats (as @ChivalRuss and others of you are noting) and for making loads of content that folks can look at later – not to everyone’s taste, but it sure looks like we have a high percentage of folks here who dig that. (And we haven’t even gotten started on the Mike v Joel v Jonah v Emily threads . . . . kidding!!!)

And of course we’ll also need live voice chat. So, yeah, both, please, sirs!

1 Like

I really hope there is a way to integrate this forum into the Gizmoplex. I’m far too introverted to ever do any sort of live voice chat (and I don’t have the equipment anyway), but forums are wonderful fun.

3 Likes

I think there’s a lot of great potential for fun and bringing MSTies together by way of integrating these forums with the Gizmoplex. Sure, real-time stuff is great, but I still hope that these forums will continue to be a thing and incorporated into the larger-scale picture of the Gizmoplex.

3 Likes